Ozzy's loozing his voice, Sabbath is off the Ozzfest

I was at the first Ozzfest show and Sabbtah kicked ass hands down. The stole the show.. Ozzy hadn't sounded better in years. As for Maiden, I was excited to see them but ended up leaving disappointed by them. They just seemed really cheesy and outdated.

They just seemed really cheesy and outdated.
lmfao
and sabbath sounded new and interesting ? i don't think they played a song past 1976. i saw ozzfest saturday in chicago and i saw people leaving after maiden. the commercial for the ozzy box set just about made me hurl my 6 dollar pizza slice. how uncreative has this guy become a whole cd of cover songs. peole eat this shit up though because he "survived" wasting his brain on drugs. what a god damn hero. :worship:

karrokid said:
lmfao
and sabbath sounded new and interesting ? i don't think they played a song past 1976. i saw ozzfest saturday in chicago and i saw people leaving after maiden. the commercial for the ozzy box set just about made me hurl my 6 dollar pizza slice. how uncreative has this guy become a whole cd of cover songs. peole eat this shit up though because he "survived" wasting his brain on drugs. what a god damn hero. :worship:

Well the show I was at stayed packed until the end....No Sabbath didn't play anything from after 78.. But those songs stand the test of time. Those songs still sound fresh and kick ass today and there isn't a cheesy note in them. The reason I say that Iron Maiden sounded outdated is because the songs may have sounded good in 83, but don't now. There solos are 80's shred all sounding the same after awhile with all the silly poses and Bruce was running around liek he was in Dungeons and Dragons. Also, I am not sure what Ozzy's solo cd has to do with Black Sabbath. Geezer, Tony and Bill are just as important as Ozzy.

Say what you want but I was very impressed by the Prague show-or surprised is the better word. I expected almost nothing but BS kicked ass and so did Ozzy.

karrokid said:
lmfao
On the first date in Jersey Maiden didn't play anything later than Piece Of Mind. Now, I don't complain because I don't think it's really significant how wide a band's history is shown in a particular concert. Pink Floyd's "Pulse" and Slayer's "Still Reigning" could be examples. I think all this difference in opinions comes to personal preferances. Plus a lot of those who liked Sabbath circa '70 was not in awe with Ozzy's solo albums. I know I'm not.

i saw sabbath in 79 and it's the same show 25 years later , thats all. i guess if you've never seen them then you probley enjoyed it. if ozzy didn't move on stage then the band would have no stage presence. i wanna see and hear things when i'm at a rock concert. if i want to see guys just stand and play their instruments i'll go to a jazz show. i'm a maiden fan and to me until they came on the crowd was dead. sabbath only played about an hour in chicago and it was basiclly the same set we've seen every ozzfest. maiden is doing an early days tour so i didn't expect anything older than piece of mind. sabbath has many songs that stand the test of time but why they choose to play the same 10 every tour is beyond me. if you enjoyed sabbath then maybe you got your 100 dollars worth. i didn't and left disapointed.

johnnieCzech said:
Black Sabbath kicked ass in Prague and so did Ozzy, but this was bound to happen!
ja ja ja ja
i WENT ONLY FORT VELVET rEVOLVER AND LEFT RIGHT AFTER IT!!!
I HATE BLACK SABBATH,,,
JA JA JA JA
SLASH RULES!!!

karrokid said:
i saw sabbath in 79 and it's the same show 25 years later , thats all. i guess if you've never seen them then you probley enjoyed it. if ozzy didn't move on stage then the band would have no stage presence. i wanna see and hear things when i'm at a rock concert. if i want to see guys just stand and play their instruments i'll go to a jazz show. i'm a maiden fan and to me until they came on the crowd was dead. sabbath only played about an hour in chicago and it was basiclly the same set we've seen every ozzfest. maiden is doing an early days tour so i didn't expect anything older than piece of mind. sabbath has many songs that stand the test of time but why they choose to play the same 10 every tour is beyond me. if you enjoyed sabbath then maybe you got your 100 dollars worth. i didn't and left disapointed.

Actually it isn't the same setlist from every Ozzfest. They never did After Forever, Symptom Of The Universe, Sleeping Village or Dirty Women before at Ozzfest... I don't believe they usually do The Wizard at Ozzfest either....

sorry dude, just not interested anymore. if you went and had a good time that's great. i've seen them enough times and until they write a new album, i don't need to see them again. i'm interested in the iommi/hughes album and i have geezers disc. i think ozzy is over rated . that's my opinion and you don't have to agree.

chichecapo said:
ja ja ja ja
i WENT ONLY FORT VELVET rEVOLVER AND LEFT RIGHT AFTER IT!!!
I HATE BLACK SABBATH,,,
JA JA JA JA
SLASH RULES!!!

Velvet Revolver somehow didn´t live up to my expectations, sorry...

tomass74 said:
Actually it isn't the same setlist from every Ozzfest. They never did After Forever, Symptom Of The Universe, Sleeping Village or Dirty Women before at Ozzfest... I don't believe they usually do The Wizard at Ozzfest either....
I believe they did The Wizard in '2001. Symptom Of The Universe and Dirty Women were played this year.

johnnieCzech said:
Velvet Revolver somehow didn´t live up to my expectations, sorry...

Wow, I am totally surprised by that. I have seen VR a few times and they were awesome. I also always read how great they are live.. Maybe you caught a bad show..

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I believe they did The Wizard in '2001. Symptom Of The Universe and Dirty Women were played this year.

So Symptom od the Univers, Dirty Women, After Forever and Sleeping Village were all songs they havent done on Ozzfest which is pretty cool for a short setlist. Anyway people can hate all they want.. Sabbath are fucking legends and their music is still relevant today. It will be a sad day when they are gone... :headbang: