PADDYS HEROS ARE SEPULTURA

I enjoy Chaos AD. It just got a bad reputation because folks wanted Arise Part II and because some blame later Sep for the nu-metal movement. Roots, I dont really care for, other than a few tracks. I do like the early stuff a lot as well.

Soulfly isn't as bad as people want to believe. The new one, Dark Ages, drops the nu-isms and actually sounds like a continuation of Chaos AD. Take that as you will.

The guitar playing & songs on Chaos A.D are worthless. I would not even mind if the band took a different approach aslong as they kept the awsome harmonies solos & riffs. What the hell is the band thinking ?. The band could have probably progressed to a certain extent.

The guitar playing in soulfly sounds like it was written by 12 year old korn fan that just bought a guitar. Max was probably in his 30's at this point & it's pretty sad. Newer Sepultura sucks just as much ass.

The Greys said:
The guitar playing in soulfly sounds like it was written by 12 year old korn fan that just bought a guitar. Max was probably in his 30's at this point & it's pretty sad. Newer Sepultura sucks just as much ass.

Good point. Few songs from "Dark Ages" sounds a little punk to me.

J. said:
I enjoy Chaos AD. It just got a bad reputation because folks wanted Arise Part II and because some blame later Sep for the nu-metal movement. Roots, I dont really care for, other than a few tracks. I do like the early stuff a lot as well.

Soulfly isn't as bad as people want to believe. The new one, Dark Ages, drops the nu-isms and actually sounds like a continuation of Chaos AD. Take that as you will.

I'll take that as I'm not the only one who isn't so "tr00" that I can admit to liking Chaos A.D. and Dark Ages. You know how many people I've heard say that Sepultura sold out when they put out Schizophrenia?! Ridiculous!

J. said:
I enjoy Chaos AD. It just got a bad reputation because folks wanted Arise Part II
no, it got a bad reputation because it sucked sufficient amounts of schlong to inseminate the entire nation of israel

J. said:

Well I didn't even buy Chaos AD... Roots I believe had 3 tracks I found tolerable. Roots BLoddy Roots, Attitude, and I don't remember the other.

Soulfly.... Primitive might very well be the worst album I've ever purchased. That awful Atreyu album, and Reek of Putrefaction by Carcass are some of it's rivals.

Um, shit. Since when was Birkenau banned and for what?

Christ I feel like I'm Anne Frank hiding from the Nazi's while people disappear out of the blue around her sometimes.

Susperia said:
Um, shit. Since when was Birkenau banned and for what?

Christ I feel like I'm Anne Frank hiding from the Nazi's while people disappear out of the blue around her sometimes.

Which, of course, is darkly ironic given he's called Birkenau and you're comapring yourself to Anne Frank.

Anyhoo,

No Death, Im certainly not Tr00, but Arise is a fucking great album, whereby at the time I thought Chaos A.D. was "the shit". Alas, Arise is still a great album, whereby Chaos A.D. is just a massive let down and gets very boring after repeated listens.

Carcassian said:
Which, of course, is darkly ironic given he's called Birkenau and you're comapring yourself to Anne Frank.

Anyhoo,

No Death, Im certainly not Tr00, but Arise is a fucking great album, whereby at the time I thought Chaos A.D. was "the shit". Alas, Arise is still a great album, whereby Chaos A.D. is just a massive let down and gets very boring after repeated listens.

You know, I'm starting to think you and me are the same fucking person. :worship:
I used to love Chaos AD. Played it constantly, while enjoying Command and Conquer on the PLaystation. Happy times.
But Chaos AD is shit, and now never gets out of it's cover, whereas Arise and Beneath the Remains are as good as ever. Beneath even better than it ever was actually!

Stormwatch said:
You know, I'm starting to think you and me are the same fucking person. :worship:
I used to love Chaos AD. Played it constantly, while enjoying Command and Conquer on the PLaystation. Happy times.
But Chaos AD is shit, and now never gets out of it's cover, whereas Arise and Beneath the Remains are as good as ever. Beneath even better than it ever was actually!

If we are the same person, could you close your eyes while we wank? It's been putting me off...