****paging Passenger 57****

colinear

New Metal Member
Aug 22, 2003
Visit site
Please post the re-eq directions for the sonar settings.

Thanks!

I did the Cool Edit Pro re-eq and it turned out great! If the sonar setup is better, then i am stoked to try it!

colinear said:
Please post the re-eq directions for the sonar settings.

Thanks!

I did the Cool Edit Pro re-eq and it turned out great! If the sonar setup is better, then i am stoked to try it!

Sorry bout the delay. ill have it for you tonight.

Reactions: HemiGTX
OOO!!! I can't wait, Captain "Look! I can do something that isn't special!"!! Honestly, I can't really hear any difference in your EQ job. Maybe I'm just deaf, but I still hear the same quality. Re-EQ some Darkane or Mayhem, then I shall be impressed.

And BTW, what didn't you get by wendy deleting your initial thread, and your emails back and forth? the band does not want the CD "fixed", in fear that it would be downloaded instead of bought.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
And BTW, what didn't you get by wendy deleting your initial thread, and your emails back and forth? the band does not want the CD "fixed", in fear that it would be downloaded instead of bought.
But you can´t re-EQ it if you don´t have the original CD.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
OOO!!! I can't wait, Captain "Look! I can do something that isn't special!"!! Honestly, I can't really hear any difference in your EQ job. Maybe I'm just deaf, but I still hear the same quality. Re-EQ some Darkane or Mayhem, then I shall be impressed.

dead6skin6mask6
Couldn't of said it better myself lol
i here passenger is up for a Grammy for his work

dead6skin6mask6 said:

People were wanting to d/l from me my eqd version thats why it was deleted. BTW i deleted it not wendy. This is eqing your own copy, and hopefully everyone has thier own purchased copy. There is no need to be a smart ass either. You are the only one that is being like this. And you must be completley deaf, because even eqing it your self using the cool edit pro, there is such a big difference in the sound. It sounds like to me that you do alot of drugs, so put down the crack pipe and listen to EoR re-eqd, that might help. Bye metal brother.

Reactions: DecTV
dead6skin6mask6 said:

i can understand why the band might be hesitant to have the cd "fixed" as there may be some people out there that would post the fixed mp3's for free download. however, the real nevermore fans know how important it is to actually purchase the cd. so if a few people here and there download nevermore songs, then all i can see is the upside --> turning more people on to a great band that doesn't get and hasn't got the exposure that they deserve. nevermore is a unique beast as they will never be mainstream (thank god), but they also won't suffer the fate of many pseudo-obscure metal bands and up and disappear without notice. the shortened version of this argument is that showing the real nevermore fans how to "fix" their EoR cd has little if nothing in common with adversely effecting nevermore's checkbook or artistic integrity.

also, when i re-eq'd my EoR cd using passenger 57's directions the end result was dramatically noticeable... it sounded a ton better! crunchier, crisper, punchier, etc. and i used .wav files instead of mp3's. turned out great.

nevermore is lucky to have such devoted fans as the ones that lurk and post on this message board, but don't forget that they are always interested in extending their reach.

Unregisteredude said:
dead6skin6mask6
Couldn't of said it better myself lol
i here passenger is up for a Grammy for his work

Im up for a oscar not a grammy, get it straight bitch.

colinear said:
i can understand why the band might be hesitant to have the cd "fixed" as there may be some people out there that would post the fixed mp3's for free download. however, the real nevermore fans know how important it is to actually purchase the cd. so if a few people here and there download nevermore songs, then all i can see is the upside --> turning more people on to a great band that doesn't get and hasn't got the exposure that they deserve. nevermore is a unique beast as they will never be mainstream (thank god), but they also won't suffer the fate of many pseudo-obscure metal bands and up and disappear without notice. the shortened version of this argument is that showing the real nevermore fans how to "fix" their EoR cd has little if nothing in common with adversely effecting nevermore's checkbook or artistic integrity.

also, when i re-eq'd my EoR cd using passenger 57's directions the end result was dramatically noticeable... it sounded a ton better! crunchier, crisper, punchier, etc. and i used .wav files instead of mp3's. turned out great.

nevermore is lucky to have such devoted fans as the ones that lurk and post on this message board, but don't forget that they are always interested in extending their reach.

I could not have said that better. It dont matter what they are saying, its two morons out of like 1000 that posted to the thread that loved it whne it was re-eqd. So whos the one with the problem.

pass57 - i may be the only one that is being vocal about it, but there may be more on here that feel the same way. telling people how to do it themselves is just saying "no, i do not wish to send this to anyone, but here is the exact way i did it" i know that many downloaded it before it was released (i did), so they may just re-EQ their downloaded files, instead of buying it. my theory on it, though. i'm not telling you to stop, i just like complaining.

passenger 57 said:
Im up for a oscar not a grammy, get it straight bitch.
now you are a actor too.Why do you act so conceited about such a fucking trivial feat? The only reason i'm giving you a hard time is because
you are so arrogant, example "Mine is the best out there" or "Everybody loves it" your self importance is unimportant so get off your high horse

now fuck-off

dead6skin6mask6 said:
pass57 - i may be the only one that is being vocal about it, but there may be more on here that feel the same way. telling people how to do it themselves is just saying "no, i do not wish to send this to anyone, but here is the exact way i did it" i know that many downloaded it before it was released (i did), so they may just re-EQ their downloaded files, instead of buying it. my theory on it, though. i'm not telling you to stop, i just like complaining.

Thank you for being honest, i respect you totally. Please understand that im not arrogant like this other dude is saying i am. i guess it sounds that way. I was wasted when i made that statement that "mine was the best version", but i am only going on that because at least 50 people or more have my re-eqd version. I actually ended on guitar.com as "making EoR sounding the way it should." That made me nervous. I dont want trouble, so i just said heres how i did it, heres my eq settings. take it if u want to. And i love complaining too when im in the mood lol...Peace

Unregisteredude said:
now you are a actor too.Why do you act so conceited about such a fucking trivial feat? The only reason i'm giving you a hard time is because
you are so arrogant, example "Mine is the best out there" or "Everybody loves it" your self importance is unimportant so get off your high horse

Dude, you are totally awesome. An actor lmao hell yea..i love it ..BTW i didnt mean to be arrogant, i am really not like that, my brother is....i actually have self esteem problems lol

now fuck-off

Reactions: Captain Beard
dead6skin6mask6 said:

your arguments never cease to amaze me.

" know that many downloaded it before it was released (i did), so they may just re-EQ their downloaded files, instead of buying it."

the sound quality of the mp3s, which were around before the album came out, is pretty much the same as the actual cd. hence, the purpose of buying the cd is not to get better sound quality, but some other reason like supporting the band, or for the art, ect. therefore, the people who will change the eq on their mp3s wouldn't buy the album anyway, and, therefore, their having the knowledge of how to change the eq on the mp3s has nothing to do with anything. your argument is moot.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
not really. i honestly don't see what your rebuttle has anything to do with my argument

you're against passenger57 telling people how to change the eq, right? (if not, never mind.)

your reason for this is that instead of buying the album, people will change the eq on the mp3s they downloaded from the internet. you want people to buy the album, and are thus against passenger57 telling people how to use the eq. good so far?

you're basically saying that if people change the eq on their mp3s, they won't buy the album. right? this implies you think the sound quality of the cd is better than that of the mp3s (and changing the eq makes the mp3s sound better), and once people get their mp3s to sound good they won't bother buying the cd. right?

now, your argument is moot because the sound quality is about the same on the mp3s and the cd. thus, for reasons of sound quality, there is no point in buying the cd. this is without any eq changes. since there is no point, with regard to sound quality, in buying the cd if one has regular mp3s, then changing the eq on the mp3s has nothing at all to do with buying the album. get it?

---------
what also bothers me is that you claim changing the eq doesn't really affect anything: "Maybe I'm just deaf, but I still hear the same quality." why then, are you against passenger57 spreading the word? if people already have mp3s of the album, knowing about the eq will change nothing with regard to them buying the album if, as you claim, the quality is the same.

thus, in arguing against passenger57 telling people about the eq you imply that his version sounds better than the album, while slightly earlier you say his version is the same. that's a contradiction.

darth said:
you're against passenger57 telling people how to change the eq, right? (if not, never mind.)

your reason for this is that instead of buying the album, people will change the eq on the mp3s they downloaded from the internet. you want people to buy the album, and are thus against passenger57 telling people how to use the eq. good so far?

you're basically saying that if people change the eq on their mp3s, they won't buy the album. right? this implies you think the sound quality of the cd is better than that of the mp3s (and changing the eq makes the mp3s sound better), and once people get their mp3s to sound good they won't bother buying the cd. right?

now, your argument is moot because the sound quality is about the same on the mp3s and the cd. thus, for reasons of sound quality, there is no point in buying the cd. this is without any eq changes. since there is no point, with regard to sound quality, in buying the cd if one has regular mp3s, then changing the eq on the mp3s has nothing at all to do with buying the album. get it?

---------
what also bothers me is that you claim changing the eq doesn't really affect anything: "Maybe I'm just deaf, but I still hear the same quality." why then, are you against passenger57 spreading the word? if people already have mp3s of the album, knowing about the eq will change nothing with regard to them buying the album if, as you claim, the quality is the same.

thus, in arguing against passenger57 telling people about the eq you imply that his version sounds better than the album, while slightly earlier you say his version is the same. that's a contradiction.

AMEN