****paging Passenger 57****

Even a little toggling with the bass and treble make a difference in the overall sound as someone pointed out in an earlier thread. I also did that and I can actually hear all the cymbals like on the earlier albums. I'm satisfied with it like that but as an engineering student I support efforts on making things sound better and don't care if a few kids get upset about it. I really can't understand why the band would be upset over it. It's not like they failed in anything. I would be really surprised if this has any affect in album sales. What I've come across is that people who won't buy it because of the production wouldn't buy it anyway. It's just an easy excuse to justify themselves.

Distorted said:
I would be really surprised if this has any affect in album sales. What I've come across is that people who won't buy it because of the production wouldn't buy it anyway. It's just an easy excuse to justify themselves.

it looks like the fastest selling nevermore record to date:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106808
that's pretty good for such a heavy album. maybe the production has something to do with it. that is, maybe it makes it more accessible. there's also the fact of nevermore's hard work on the road in the last three years.

i've noticed that the more mainstream reviews, like kerrang http://www.centurymedia.com/nevermore_kerangnews.htm, don't have a problem with the production at all, but the people who might consider themselves "purists" (like most of the board, including me) have something negative to say about it. candlebox did sell a lot of records (7 million i think), so with regard to making something marketable, maybe kelly grey knows what he's doing.

Distorted said:
Even a little toggling with the bass and treble make a difference in the overall sound as someone pointed out in an earlier thread. I also did that and I can actually hear all the cymbals like on the earlier albums. I'm satisfied with it like that but as an engineering student I support efforts on making things sound better and don't care if a few kids get upset about it. I really can't understand why the band would be upset over it. It's not like they failed in anything. I would be really surprised if this has any affect in album sales. What I've come across is that people who won't buy it because of the production wouldn't buy it anyway. It's just an easy excuse to justify themselves.

Its funny how deadskinmask wont respond when there are people who are against what hes saying, and that unregisteredude, which i know who you are, come on fag...try it now. Get off your high horse queer, im off mine, your too much of a pussy to defend your idiocy.

darth said:
it looks like the fastest selling nevermore record to date:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106808
that's pretty good for such a heavy album. maybe the production has something to do with it. that is, maybe it makes it more accessible. there's also the fact of nevermore's hard work on the road in the last three years.

What I meant was that I don't think this re-equalizing had any significant affect on album sales. It was 4.00 am here when I wrote my original post by the way... :err:

darth said:
i've noticed that the more mainstream reviews, like kerrang http://www.centurymedia.com/nevermore_kerangnews.htm, don't have a problem with the production at all, but the people who might consider themselves "purists" (like most of the board, including me) have something negative to say about it. candlebox did sell a lot of records (7 million i think), so with regard to making something marketable, maybe kelly grey knows what he's doing.

Or maybe the Kerrang guy just listened to StAnger before making the EOR review and didn't find anything wrong with the EOR production. :devil:

"Its funny how deadskinmask wont respond when there are people who are against what hes saying"

its funny how uninformed your comment is, seeing that i didnt even bother to read the thread yet. now that i have... who cares? i have my opinions and my views on this whole "lets re-eq the cd", and so do you all. i am still saying that in telling people how to EQ things, it can take away album sales. is this wrong in thinking that? because if it is, i am sadly mistaken. if you can make something that is free that sounds alot better than the actual thing, then why get the actual disk?

that is where i am getting it

"They can't play baseball they don't wear sweaters
They're not good dancers they don't play drums"

BTW, you people are retarded with all this hulabulloo about this eq shit. It's getting sickening. And Mr. Passenger57, get over yourself. You didn't do anything.

"I am Alone" is really the only one that's to completion right now (well, almost...there's a few changes I'm making mix wise). The others I have on MP3.com are getting some major rework. I have three more that will be completed in the next couple of months that finish up the cd. It's a 6 song concept deally (approx 30 mins). I figured I'd keep my first attempt at this songwriting stuff short. It's much more work than I expected. Tnx for listening BTW.

And hey, I know some retards who could make some very good rational thoughts. :D

FrostGiant said:
"They can't play baseball they don't wear sweaters
They're not good dancers they don't play drums"

BTW, you people are retarded with all this hulabulloo about this eq shit. It's getting sickening. And Mr. Passenger57, get over yourself. You didn't do anything.

Frost fuck, shut up before i kick you in the pussy.

passenger 57 said:
Frost fuck, shut up before i kick you in the pussy.

passenger 57
It seems your not worshipped as much as you led yourself to believe.
You are a hack,quack and non talent,and btw how would you know to kick some one in the pussy since you havent seen one since you came out of one lol.Andy S is still laughing @ you goddess of all music

( o ) ( o )

-------

And hopefully for the last time____________________________
Fuck 0ff already assneck shut-in thieve

I find this whole "re-eqing" thing hilarious for a number of reasons.

First Pass57 comes along with his "completely re-mixed and re-mastered"...then he says he just used some cool edit pro presets to make it sound better...hahaha too funny

I personally didnt have that big of a problem with the production...sure it wasnt great but then again I thought dhiadw was too clean

As far as blaming kelly gray, I wouldnt judge the man until youve heard the pre-mastered versions. If all a little eq job is needed to make it sound "better" (probably just added more treble), then people should be sticking the blame with eddie schreyer. After all, his nickname is eddie shredder.