Pain & Dan

Eldzik

Anastasia's Minion
Feb 12, 2002
i bought almost a week ago new Pain album "Nothing Remains The Same". i have a question to Dan: could you tell me something more about what i saw in credits:
Additional treatments on "Shut Your Mouth" and "Eleanor Rigby" by Dan Swano

Yeah, Dan apparently did some of the engineering on those tracks. I don't know if it entails anything further than that. He didn't perform on those tracks, or anything, as far as I know...

it's resemble to "Rebirth", but slower, calm... less guitar, more electronic. but i like new album more than "Rebirth", because a large majority of tracks on "Rebirth" was the same in all ways. now is more various.
also on "Nothing" is great cover of Beatles... and very funny clip to "Shut Your Mouth" :D

Yes, Nothing Remains The Same is definitely a more varied, dynamic album than Rebirth. It also seems as though Peter T. was listening to his copy of Paradise Lost's One Second for inspiration on a few of the albums tracks ("Just Hate Me", "Expelled", "Fade Away"), and this could be a good or a bad thing, depending on your outlook. Definitely a great album, in any case! "It's Only Them", the opening track, is one of the best metal songs I've ever heard...