Pale Folklore

Pale Folklore is the more metal of the 2. You will like it better than Mantle if you are looking for any opeth similarities (folklore has more of a Scandanavian doom sound than mantle). Can't wait to see what the new one will sound like, supposed to be thier most sonically intense yet.

Jon Snow said:
Agalloch sound nothing like Opeth. These comparisons need to stop. If anything they sound like old Ulver, who they list as a major influence.

+1

Great Album. I like The Mantle as well, thought it's not as "metal."

I knew you were good and knowledgable people. I appreciate all your input on Agalloch. Seems like I got a good one comin'. Now, If my girl would stop bitching about all the music I buy, I could find some peace. She spends our(my) money on "household incidentals." What the fuck is that? I consider cd's and Mother Nature "household neccessities." Anyway, she's a beautiful lady and I am blessed to have her in my life. Got to get her mind right on music though. I bought her "Pineforest Crunch"--Panamarenko-- Swedish Pop. Maybe that will keep her happy. All you involved "guys" out there, You have to keep your lady happy, and give her all the attention she needs, But, you all know that. I could live to be 100 and never understand their thinking, then again, that's part of the allure for me. Oh well, time to burn one before she gets home. Peace.:worship: :confused:

Agalloch are atmospheric progressive folk metal. And they are good.

definitely a great cd. i'm with everyone else, they don't sound like opeth. i think it's more like, if you like opeth then there's a good chance you'll like agalloch.

I got this the other day and it hasen't left my player. I know that more will be revealed with susequent listens. This music is stunning. Forged in a surreal bleak beauty. Atmospherically sublime. Only one minor glitch. The production is somewhat muddy in places. But, maybe that was intentional, because it does have that "earthy" and "organic" feel. Reminds me of "Morningrise" and "Orchid." I just ordered "The Mantle" from The End Records.Peace.

These forums have made me discover so many great bands. Agalloch is one of them. I ordered their stuff recently as well. Great stuff.

Thru these forums I have discovered

Agalloch
Bloodbath
Anathema
Porcupine Tree
Edge of Sanity

... christ, and they're all my favorite bands now.

benighted said:
definitely a great cd. i'm with everyone else, they don't sound like opeth. i think it's more like, if you like opeth then there's a good chance you'll like agalloch.
Exactly!

Agalloch is by far the best band ever. Pale Folklore & The Mantle are masterpieces. if you ordered Pale Folklore thinking they are gonna sound like Opeth then you might be dissapointed cause they are 2 completely different bands in my eyes. but yeah, if you know anything about what quality metal is then you should enjoy this cd.:kickass:

Agalloch= absolute brilliance. Pale Folklore and the Mantle, while completely different beasts, are 10 star albums. Agalloch, has now attained the top of the metal mountain for me along with: Opeth, Devin Townsend and (not really metal) Porcupine Tree. Any comparison to Opeth is just not accurate, maybe similiar in song structure and length, but that's it. I read where Don Anderson said "Ashes against the Grain" was to be released in "Early 2006." Kinda vague. Ready to explore Dissection and Daylight Dies. Peace.

Pale Folklore is a very good album. I have never been able to sit through all of The Mantle, though. There are a couple songs I really like (like the second one) and I play those whenever I want to listen to the album. The songs in general drag on a little too much without being really inventive. I like The Mantle better than Of Stone, Wind And Pillor, though. I did not enjoy any of the songs there.