Pantera, maybe the best band in the world

I really hate the fact that there are people who say "oh, yeah, pantera, they're sooo overrated, it's just because Dimebag got shot".
REALLLYYYY???!!!
Started listening to Pantera when I was 9 years old and "I'm broken" is still my favorite song, they were all talented and just did their
thing, and yes, I am a huge fanboy :D

@OP: old news ;)

You have to give Pantera credit. A large portion of their career happened in the nineties when alternative was king and Korn was still considered good. Despite this they managed to gain popularity, and turn out reasonable material. Also they don't really have any bad records, they have a couple that aren't absolute masterpieces like Reinventing the Steel, or The Great Southern Trendkill, but to my ears these still sound good and were imo some of the best records to come out in the respective time frame. Also you may like the production or not, but Pantera albums sounded better than most of the metal stuff out there, no small thanks to Terry Date.

Ah man. Just went to listen to Far Beyond driven on my itunes. Realized I ripped it FORVER ago at 128kbps. God I fucking hate mp3s. Just ruined my Pantera experience for the day.

Pantera's importance in the metal world simply cannot be overstated. Show me any shredder of the past 15 years, and I'll show you a few pantera shirts in his closet.

You have to give Pantera credit. A large portion of their career happened in the nineties when alternative was king and Korn was still considered good. Despite this they managed to gain popularity, and turn out reasonable material. Also they don't really have any bad records, they have a couple that aren't absolute masterpieces like Reinventing the Steel, or The Great Southern Trendkill, but to my ears these still sound good and were imo some of the best records to come out in the respective time frame. Also you may like the production or not, but Pantera albums sounded better than most of the metal stuff out there, no small thanks to Terry Date.

I got my copy of Vulgar display by trading Korns self titled for it from a mate. Best deal evar. He said it was the dumbest trade ever, a couple of years later.

It's good, but anyone else think this band is highly overrated?

Why's that? Stellar musicians on their own and even more magical through their songs. Favorite of band of all time until I die. All albums from Cowboys on are strong as fuck.

Sorry I am easily offended by negative comments about Pantera. I have broken up with girls (plural) because they shit talked this band.

I don't post around here too often, but I couldn't let this thread go by...

Pantera is and probably always will be the BEST metal band on earth. I too take offence to anyone who calls them "overrated." That's total fucking sacrilege.

End thread.

Bobby

I have broken up with girls (plural) because they shit talked this band.

icon_salut.gif

FUXX YEAHZ!

Its sad that Phil joined the band and fucked it all up though!

Last edited by a moderator:
them and metallica are the aces of modern metal in the last 25 years. pantera def rules. in the late 90s it was "uncool" to like pantera and i had to put up with a lot of shit with the numetal kids