Paradox are no more

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I just received a note from Charly five minutes ago. Paradox have officially disbanded and cancelled all live appearances. I know nothing else. I would expect an official statement from the band to be sent to the public very soon.

I am not sure if there will be a replacement named or not. I will evaluate my options this week and announce something later.

God damnit. Means I get to arrive late I guess.

Unless, you know, Glenn gets Canvas Solaris to take that slot (a deserving thing indeed!). 1/3rd of Pharaoh will already be there. Maybe a few others can make vacation plans...

DAMNIT!!! THis was the band I was looking forward to the most!!!

I just received a note from Charly five minutes ago. Paradox have officially disbanded and cancelled all live appearances.
That's a shame. Of all the artists I interviewed, he was by far the most excited about playing the U.S. He's a very genuine, charming guy. I feel bad for him. I'm sure he's bitterly disappointed.

I am not sure if there will be a replacement named or not. I will evaluate my options this week and announce something later.
Aska. Aska. Aska. Oh yeah... a 4th option... Aska.

That's too bad. I got turned on to them by their addition to the fest. They've survived this long through so many trials and tribulations, it's both surprising and not that they've disbanded.

My vote is for Coroner or Heathen to replace them on the roster. You have six and a half weeks to make it happen. A guy can dream, can't he? :D

Glenn,

I am sorry to hear this, i know this must be really frustrating for you. I could not imagine this happening at the last minute like this. You know, if there is not a replacement, i would be fine with having Oceans of Sadness, Storm Warrior and Tarot having their sets extended another 15 minutes. Hang in there and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Brand

True Zod. But there are some other good bands from texas that could fit in, such as Shaolin Death Squad.

I don't know if this type thing is happening more often now than 10 years ago, but no matter, it is a hassle for all involved. Not knowing the details, it's pointless to make any assumptions, but I can't help thinking that they should've considered the concept that a U.S. appearance could've done something for their career.

I don't think you need to replace them. You still have 13 bands over the course of the two days. I don't think the loss of the early early opener on Saturday is going to have a major adverse affect. However, you might have to ask a few other bands to play some thrash, just to fill in :)

Steve in Philly

WOW glenn sorry to hear, seems things can never just be easy for you. And I was looking forward to seeing them. Well what ever you decided to do will be ok. If you want to give the other bands longer sets, cool, if you find a band that is arleady touring this area and can do a one off, cool, if you just use a local-ish band, cool.