Paris shooting

- Marine le Pen talking about a referendum to re-establish death penalty
- 1 out of the 3 original suspects could have gone to police, the others running, 7 more arrested

No we are not sure they are Muslim. All we know is the guys running are if Arabic origins and declared themselves of Al Qaida, but we also know this is the typical thing to say to either get attention or give fake information

Dudes, the murderers have not been arrested yet. Nobody knows if they're muslims, christians, jews, buddhists, atheists or anything else. If they're atheists, then atheism must be eradicated? And if somebody kills a baby while screaming "666 the number of the beast" automatically proves that this guy is indeed a metalhead? Does it prove that heavy metal is the music of terrorism and must be eradicated?

The only thing that's sure so far is that the guys that have comitted this massacre are totally mentally insane and must be arrested and punished by law.

Edit: I'm not promoting any religion at all. I'm an atheist. But now it's a police investigation and I think we have to be pragmatic and not fall into interpretation, etc.

I'm all for being positive but they were clearly brainwashed Muslim fundamentalist bro. you can deny the generalization of Islam just because of an extremist minority but denying their motive or origin is simply naive bro

I'm all for being positive but they were clearly brainwashed Muslim fundamentalist bro. you can deny the generalization of Islam just because of an extremist minority but denying their motive or origin is simply naive bro

I get your PoV but what exactly told you they were "brainwashed Muslim fundamentalist"? I mean, you're not one of the policemen that are investigating on this crime, are you? Nobody has evidences and nobody possesses crucial information. No offense but what I think is naive is to speculate on unknown facts and to jump on things like that to elaborate theories. I'm not an idiot and I do actually think it's really possible they have a relation to islamic fundamentalism but I prefer to not believe this or that but rely on true facts. Otherwise everybody can say shit on anything just because the beliefs or convictions and everybody is right about everything. It's easy but not true.

I get your PoV but what exactly told you they were "brainwashed Muslim fundamentalist"? I mean, you're not one of the policemen that are investigating on this crime, are you? Nobody has evidences and nobody possesses crucial information. No offense but what I think is naive is to speculate on unknown facts and to jump on things like that to elaborate theories. I'm not an idiot and I do actually think it's really possible they have a relation to islamic fundamentalism but I prefer to not believe this or that but rely on true facts. Otherwise everybody can say shit on anything just because the beliefs or convictions and everybody is right about everything. It's easy but not true.

One of them shouted "the prophet is avenged" while it was taking place, according to witnesses/what I've heard on NPR.

Speculation plays a huge role on crime investigation. It is naive to ignore what kind of people are most likely to do this. Why are you quoting brainwashed muslim fundamentalist? Are you implying that those who do these murders aren't brainwashed?

^ and the fact that they targeted journalists who published a charicature ridiculing Mohammed last week is extremely unlikely to be coincidental. I see your point not judging before the actual facts are clrear but in this case it's pretty obvious that the perpetrators were muslim fundamentalists. The real question is what the appropriate response should be and what reprecautions it would have.

^ best opinion of the matter iv'e read so far

Islam is just as dumb as any other religion, except it has the added benefit of being the most violent in modern society. Not worth defending AT ALL.

Also: TIL France cops don't carry guns?

The IS is the modern day version of the christian crusades IMHO

Islam doesn't need help in being regarded as stupid. It does it all on it's own when it's followers kill others for not converting, or blowing shit up for virgins, or oppressing the living fuck out of their women, or cutting off the hands of thieves, or throwing acid on women, or any other number of scumbag horse shit the religion seems to have no problem leashing on modern society.

It's a lot more believable that these scumbags picked this target because they wanted to prove a point, speak out against our pedophile prophet and we will getcha.

Islam is just as dumb as any other religion, except it has the added benefit of being the most violent in modern society. Not worth defending AT ALL.

Also: TIL France cops don't carry guns?

Apparently the municipal police don't carry guns sometimes but the guy in the videos looks like he was armed, he just was incapable of fighting back.

372d1ef01b5feb5295bd4028f8f77fc7.jpg

ISLAM.jpg

burkas.jpg

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=8&verse=39
terror_link_wideweb__430x286vi-vi.jpg

I agree with a past post that mentions how making generalizations on the entire Muslim faith only aggravates the situation and makes it easier for young impressionable idiots to become radicalized. To pretend that Islam is particularly egregious in regards to all other religions is particularly short sighted.

Taking a tour through quotations of the Old Testament will show you genocide, violence, prostitution, misogyny, and homophobia; how is that different from Islam? Catholism and other Protestant ramifications imparted war, persecution, and torture through-out the West for millennia (while suppressing scientific and philosophical advancement to top it off). Old religious creeds like Islam and Christianity are all similarly grotesque because they are all founded on obsolete social beliefs and topped off with years of manipulation.

To make things clear, radicals exist in all religions. This is just the flavor of the month.

I agree with a past post that mentions how making generalizations on the entire Muslim faith only aggravates the situation and makes it easier for young impressionable idiots to become radicalized. To pretend that Islam is particularly egregious in regards to all other religions is particularly short sighted.

Taking a tour through quotations of the Old Testament will show you genocide, violence, prostitution, misogyny, and homophobia; how is that different from Islam? Catholism and other Protestant ramifications imparted war, persecution, and torture through-out the West for millennia (while suppressing scientific and philosophical advancement to top it off). Old religious creeds like Islam and Christianity are all similarly grotesque because they are all founded on obsolete social beliefs and topped off with years of manipulation.

To make things clear, radicals exist in all religions. This is just the flavor of the month.

Muslim radicals are on the papers all the time.

^ This (was supposed to point on Vice//Versa's post). Anyone who reduces Islam and all its followers to the atrocities committed by extremists is ignorant and only contributes to making matters worse. Radicals are dangerous, not the religion itself. Yesterday was a sad day for press freedom, for France, and for Islam.

Here Loren, have a listen. Bill Maher might have charisma and get emotion from his audience, he isn't knowledgeable at all in those matters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN52CP2_F0U

And indecizo: of course, it sells the papers. And yes, Muslim radicals commit inexcusable actions, but the root causes for them being able to do so are much deeper than their religion. There are many structural variables - notably instability from repeated external intervention in the middle-east - that made them able to access to power. This is an interesting listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ypIwK6OlFc#t=315

Taking a tour through quotations of the Old Testament will show you genocide, violence, prostitution, misogyny, and homophobia; how is that different from Islam?

Only one has decided these rules belong in modern society. Come the fuck on man.

Stop with this comparison bullshit. Islam is dumb not because other religions are dumb, but because it is currently violent and oppressive as fuck.

Why is it so important not to criticize this religion, but hey fuck it free reign on everything else?

You must have misunderstood. I wasn't defending the regressive bullshit some Muslims believe; I was pointing out how its misguided to say they are the only religion that breeds this kind of violence.

Bill Maher's assertion than Islam is "public enemy #1" to liberal principles is what I call short sighted.

Refusing to draw a generalization and villainize people doesn't mean anyone agrees with orthodox religions that support violence and oppression.