Passing Bird

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
One thing that I have noticed within all the comments about LFDGD is that peoples opinion of the song "Passing Bird" varies widely. Obviously this (along with "We Must Bury You") are probably the most different tracks on the album. "Passing Bird" was almost entirely (I think) written by Jonas. It seems to have struck a nerve (either positive or negative) in a lot of listeners. Even reviewers seem to always mention it.

I personally think it is fucking great and mellow - and adds some variety and depth to the album. What are your opinions on this song?

I like the name "Passing bird" but i don't like lyrics it seems simple there are a lot of "she"s
Katatonia's lyrics were include "you" not "she" (not like other bands)
it may seem to be absurd but now lyrics of Katatonia is beginning to be as others :(
But i loved the sound it is one the best songs of Katatonia :)

To my mind "Passing Bird" (indeed) adds depth to the album. When I heard it for the first time I was quite surprised by the song´s somewhat different atmosphere and there was uncertainty. ("Do I really like this?")
But now I believe "PB" is a stroke of genius and with its disharmonies woven through the song it fits perfectly between the rather melodious "Future of Speech" and "Sweet Nurse". :)