Passion Proof Power german text

ThoNohT

New Metal Member
Jul 13, 2012
In my attempts to get the lyrics written down correctly on my website (http://thonoht.com/site4/lyrics.htm), I always try to get it written down line by line.
And in Passion, Proof, Power, there is a bit of german spoken text during one of the interludes. I've been trying to write that down, but my German isn't up to it.

Are there any German people out here, who can understand that entire piece of text and could write it down for me? Or perhaps Sami, do you know what this text is? A translation into English to go with it would be nice, but is not necessary as I can probably figure that out by myself.

Well that's how I figured it out so far, should be correct ;)

"Hey! Was machst du so?"
"Naja nicht viel, ............ (short missing part, didn't really understand it)
Ich denke ich geh auf ein Bier im Zwielicht-Gasthaus."
"Super! Da komm ich mit."

"Hierhier, hier entlang, willkommen edle Herren!
Bei uns sind die Weiber schön, die Männer wild, es gibt reichlich zu essen, das beste Bier,
und am Ende des Tages werden wir eine weitere elende Hexe dem Feuer übergeben.
Lasst euch unterhalten, von weit gereisten Spielleuten, welche ebenfalls verbrannt werden, sollten sie ihre Spielzeit überziehen!"
Hahaha!
"Entschuldigen Sie bitte, wer spielt denn heute abend?"
"Ensiferrium und Finntroll aus Finnland!"
"Ja Wunderbar!"

"Hey! What are you doing?"
"Well, not much...........
I think I'll have a beer at Zwielicht-Inn."
"Great! I'll come with you."

"Over here, come along here, be welcome gentlemen!
Here you'll find pretty women, wild men, we have lots of food, the best beer,
and at the end of the day we're gonna sacrifice another dreadful witch to the flames.
Let musicians from afar entertain you, who will be burned as well, if they exceed their playing time!"
Hahaha!
"Excuse me, who's playing tonight?
"Ensiferrium and Finntroll from Finland!"
"Oh great!"

Tried to translate it as accurate as I could, and if anyone wants to add or improve something, feel free to do so ;)

:tickled: Haha,that's great,thanx Numinex!I was wonder and asking about this text also,now I know.Funny speech :p

Oh wow, thanks for the quick reaction!

I actually had a bit from that second sentence you didn't understand: I was going on with something like this:

"Oh, niecht viel, meine Frau ist gerade bloss und ..." Just not sure what that means, something about a boring wife?

"Hierhier", shouldn't that be "Hierher"?

And when looking it up, I also saw both "edle", and "edele", with a slightly different meaning, would "edle" be the most logical one in this case?

Before "Lasst euch unterhalten", it says "Doch vorher", doesn't it?

And Zwielicht-Gasthaus. I guessed Gasthaus as well, and translated it as inn. But when seeing the Zwielicht you got before it. Shouldn't that be the Twilight Tavern? :)

Right he's saying something about his wife but I really don't get what the hell it is. And yes it's meant to be "Hierher", was a little mistake.

In this case it would be the plural form of "edel" -> edle.

You're right he says indeed "doch vorher". And of course it's the Twilight Tavern, now this makes sense :D

Hmm, anyone else have an idea? I tried editing the audio slightly to make the voice better audible, but to no avail. And well, as I said before, my German isn't that good, so my vocabulary probably doesn't even contain the word being said there.
I really need to have that last bit of text :p Its quite useless to put it up on my website with a bit missing.

he says:

oah nicht viel, meine Frau ist gerade los und kauft Wurst...
which translates to:
well not much, my wife just left to buy some sausage.

Not quite sure, but I think the other guy says:

Super, dann komm ich mit
instead of
Super, da komm ich mit

and you missed a part:
the market's men also says:
Doch vorher. Lasst euch Unterhalten ...

which translates to:
But before (refering to the which's burning) ...

Thanks a lot. :D

I already mentioned Doch vorher in an earlier post. But I'm very happy to see a translation of that missing part. And I'll correct the da(nn) error. As soon as I get home tonight I'm going to add this text to the site.

Edit: I just noticed that you put another reference to an existing song in your translation, Numinex :p This is where you translated von weit gereisten Spielleuten with musicians From Afar :) But I doubt this one is intentional.
Perhaps we can find more references to previous songs in this text? ^^

Yeah now that you mention it :D
But I think those are the only references to songs, or does anyone remember a song about burning witches? Maybe Sami wasn't satisfied with his lyrics and changed it to Burning Leaves, who knows :D