Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

striker666

Edward
Jan 5, 2009
Melbourne
www.myspace.com
okay,
Who's your favorite Iron Maiden singer and why?

my vote goes to Paul
simply because i love those raw punk-ish vocals with metal.
Having said that bruce is an excellent singer and i would have to say "Seventh son of a Seventh son" is my all time favorite Iron Maiden album. also it kind of frustrates me hearing bruce singing the Paul era songs like wrathchild and prowler. although bruce is a more technical singer there's no way he can pull off those songs, im sure it'd be the same for paul singing bruce's songs aswell.

and in my honest opinion blaze is just an accident on maiden's behalf much like ripper owens for priest, im sure they are both great singers in their own right, but they didn't fit in with those bands.

Bruce is the best, but the albums with DiAnno could only have worked with him. I can't see Dickinson singing on them (even if I had listened to the re-recorded versions of some of the songs).

The proof stands in the fact that my two favorite albums are "Killers" and "Piece Of Mind".

As for Blaze (JD is allowed to shoot me) he simply sucked, he wasn't for Maiden, he may be a good vocalist in any other outfit. As for the Owens thing, I do think he could have been a good vocalist for Priest, but Tipton's composition in "Jugulator" and "Demolition" destroyed any chance for him to prove worthy.

I can't vote. Vocally Bruce (no question).

Paul's a hysterical frontman (He's worth seeing just to hear what he says between songs). Plus we opened for him. So I'm going to take the great North American cop-out and not vote.

Well I think Bruce is the best singer but I voted Blaze because I think his solo stuff is amazing and I saw his band live. They put on one hell of a show.

Bruce is the best, but the albums with DiAnno could only have worked with him.

Finally some coincidence :lol:. "Killers" or "Iron Maiden" without Dianno wouldn´t be the same.

Just check "Phantom of the opera" in "Live at the Rainbow". Perfect performance. Even Steve says that it´s impossible doing better than Paul in that song.

Bruce all the way. Di'Anno was good on the first two but then Bruce just brought the band to another plane of existence. Seventh Son is my favorite album of all time and that would never have happened with Di'Anno on board.
Blaze... was the wrong guy for Maiden. I have a lot of respect for the man for his solo career though, he's released some great stuff of his own and isn't riding on past glories (unlike Di'Anno). Life really hasn't been all rosy for him after Maiden but the guy soldiers on. :kickass:

Bruce Dickinson hands down. As well as being a trained opera singer, stunning performer with boundless energy, aquaintance of my uncle and I have his signiture, he's an all round decent guy. Which is nothing concerning his singing ability but I value his goodness.

I'm surprised nobody said Dianno. His stage raps are brilliant. Vocally he's one dimension but still puts on a good show.

Interesting for me is the other way around, the guy had a great voice at the time (don't know now) but he was a pretty dull frontman. Bruce came and gave not only his vocals but a live energy DiAnno didn't had IMO. Then again, DiAnno was the man for those two albums.

Paul also had an awesome belt HAHA.
his stuff in his solo band "killers" is decent, especially "Marshall Lockjaw" that is an absolutely awesome song in my opinion, its a pitty he looks so stupid now. but his vocals are still actually very similar to the early maiden days. his stage presence may not have been incredibly energetic but its pretty raw and he pulls off the tough guy look.
i think both bruce and paul have stage presence but they are both different.

Agree with some above. Bruce kills but Dianno just worked so well on the first two albums. Blaze is good as Blaze ... if Maiden change their style then another singer might be the best for the music, who knows. So for this I ain't votin'

He was pretty mediocre on CD. Live he wasn't anything special, not bad, not amazing. If you see him live you'll understand where I'm coming from. Bruce runs around and stuff, Dianno just stands there, but his raps are so witty.

I guess we have some misunderstanding here. DiAnno sound killer (pun intended) on the first two Iron Maiden albums on vinyl and on CD, after that don't know how he sounds and it doesn't matter to me.
Like you said his stage presence was terrible, so we agree on that, that was my post about. Don't know/care about his live raps anyway (nor any other live singer fo that matters).