best iron maiden singer

• Bruce

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Paul

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Blaze

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Not bad feelings or anything. I love Paul, "Killers" is the best Maiden album but everyone that say Paul has a very similar voice to the early days is simply deaf.

I saw them live 4 times and :ill:. Funny and nostalgic first time. The other ones...

A little proof. I was there (50 km from Madrid). Sad but true.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euFMDgTffLE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad feelings or anything. I love Paul, "Killers" is the best Maiden album but everyone that say Paul has a very similar voice to the early days is simply deaf.

I know, he played here once or twice. Didn't bothered to go and listen to him, btw the first time the attendace was like 100 people and he used a very bad death metal local band as musicians :zombie:

I have a live album composed of Maiden songs he played with his different bands and compiles altogether like if it were a single concert it's called "The Beast". I bought it because I found it cheap and kind of nostalgia but the vocals there are dim compared to the ones back in 80-81. The same for the songs he lent his vocals in the Maiden tribute "666: The Number One Beast - A Tribute to Iron Maiden" (vols. 1 and 2), his vocals now are NOT as it used to be.

bruce is the best singer for maiden but these days blaze has a much stronger voice live. sure he can't sing as high but but it just sounds more powerful. its louder and doesn't sound like its a pain to sing

bruce is the best singer for maiden but these days blaze has a much stronger voice live. sure he can't sing as high but but it just sounds more powerful. its louder and doesn't sound like its a pain to sing

Read me carefully for I don't want no misunderstanding. I haven't listen ever to Blaze live so I can't discuss on that.

But I listened to Bruce live on the actual tour last October. I went to the concert filled with prejudice because I can't stand him on "Live After Dead" (still don't own the album), he sounds panting for air there.
But when I was there in the arena listen to him it was beyond fucking brutal!, the guy sounds better IMO that he did 25 years ago, it's astounding how good in shape live he is. Adn he jumps, and moves, and change wardrobe and rises the Union Jack...and he definitively has been and is the best frontman Maiden ever had on stage. :headbang:

Blaze was just an epic mistake for Maiden. >_>
Bruce suits the albums he's performed on, and I'm going to have to vote for him 'cause I've seen him live and that was just..wow., but the alums Paul performed on wouldn't be the same without him.

Interesting for me is the other way around, the guy had a great voice at the time (don't know now) but he was a pretty dull frontman. Bruce came and gave not only his vocals but a live energy DiAnno didn't had IMO. Then again, DiAnno was the man for those two albums.
I agree with you in that Paul was/is a dull frontman but i will add, and i'm sure i will get flamed for this, that his vocals are overrated on the first albums and that i much prefer Bruces' versions of those songs much much better... imo people are just so used to Paul's vocals on those albums that no one is able to see/hear someone else doing them if those albums were recorded with someone else back then like Bruce... If Bruce had been the original vocalist we probably would of been saying the same comments were are saying about Paul right now... as for Blaze... ewwww.. what a huge mistake that was...

blaze's solo albums>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>maidens 3 newer bruce albums

I don't care about Blaze albums, but it won't surprise me. The Maiden albums since the reunion had been pretty dissapointing to me.
On the other hand Dickinson solo albums (minus TM) are all great and better of anything that Maiden have done since 1989.

i much prefer Bruces' versions of those songs much much better

I don't, sorry different tastes. As a matter of fact I have one of Samson albums with Bruce and it's not a big deal, so maybe the time and place when Dickinson joint IM for NOTB was the proper one for the whole engine to click correctly.

If Bruce had been the original vocalist we probably would of been saying the same comments were are saying about Paul right now

Maybe yes, maybe no. Like all what if scenarios there's only speculation in the end.

In terms of singing ability, Bruce certainly wins this competition, and he does seem to most closely embody the "essence" of Maiden, but there was something great about all three. Bruce didn't have the wild-and-crazy attitude of Paul or the emotional sincerity of Blaze. I really wish those two had done more albums with Maiden.

I don't care about Blaze albums, but it won't surprise me. The Maiden albums since the reunion had been pretty dissapointing to me.
On the other hand Dickinson solo albums (minus TM) are all great and better of anything that Maiden have done since 1989.

I don't, sorry different tastes. As a matter of fact I have one of Samson albums with Bruce and it's not a big deal, so maybe the time and place when Dickinson joint IM for NOTB was the proper one for the whole engine to click correctly.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Like all what if scenarios there's only speculation in the end.

i agree that most of bruce's solo albums are better than anything maiden have done since 1989. blazes solo albums are also better than ever maiden album since 1989 except x factor which seems to be the only album maiden got right since the 80's. in the 80's maiden did 1 or 2 long epic tunes and everything else was less than 5 minutes. x factor was the first album where most of the tunes were more than 5 minutes long and it worked. virtual xi just had weak songs. bruce comes back and maiden keeps doing them exact same thing they've done since virtual xi

i except x factor which seems to be the only album maiden got right since the 80's. in the 80's maiden did 1 or 2 long epic tunes and everything else was less than 5 minutes.

???? o_O The 80's was the ONLY valuable Maiden: 1980-1988. Did you meant the 90's?