Peaceville buy the rights for back katalogue

MadTinus said:
Why, the originals and re-issues will be clearly distinguishable, so the originals will still be just as exclusive.. You would have a point if the re-issues would be identical to the originals..
Yeah, and I myself would still much rather have all the originals, but I'll take what I can get.

RutgeR said:
edit: Yes "Ravendusk in my Heart" was not on Avantgarde, but on Adipocere...
The way the message is worded though makes me believe that they bought the katatonia back catalogue off of avantgarde, plus all of the side projects, whatever labels. After all, if thats not the case, I don't think RWE is going to be reissued, because if memory serves me that was not on avantgarde, but VIC or something.

Peachy said:
After all, if thats not the case, I don't think RWE is going to be reissued, because if memory serves me that was not on avantgarde, but VIC or something.
Correct.

The message says: "Peaceville has also bought the rights to some of the Katatonia members sideprojects, including Diabolical Masquerade and October Tide, with re-issues to follow accordingly throughout the near future."

I guess if RWE or whatever other was not included, they would have mentioned it.

hee hee im still looking for a SYD and a Teargas... anyone???
i wonder if they are going to re issue the singles too... i dont really think so...
well i shall start saving... hee hee so many plans in the future...which include loads of moneys :(

This is good news in some ways. I would like to hear the entire Brave Murder Day album remastered, because the two tracks that were remasted from the album on the Brave Yester Years double CD sounded great.

But it's bad news in other ways because I hate crappy Peaceville digipaks and their constant re-issuing in general. Besides, I have all the originals anyway so this news doesn't really do much for me, with the exception of finally getting Brave Murder Day remastered.

we just re-mastered brave murder day last night and wow man, it's fukkin finally where it should have been at 10 years ago.... maybe some of u didnt know, but this cd was never mastered... it went straight from DAT to the pressing.... now the output is loud and up there with the rest, and the production just enhanced itself with this total powerful sub bass freq dimension... the wonders of the mastering tools is the shit.... its like i said... fukkin finally!!!

and oh, as for the singles, i obviously decided against releasing them again as standalone releases. they will be added as bonuses to the most appropriate full-lengths, if added at all that is.

as an example, saw you drown will be the bonus to discouraged ones, sounds of decay to brave murder day etc

GREAT NEWS!

I like peaceville's packaging, I don't know why, especially the black sessions package. :D

Too bad I can't get the great cold distance ltd from a local store, I just got the enhanced. The ltd isn't even out of stock,it just has never arrived in this shitty place:cry:

Blakkheim said:
we just re-mastered brave murder day last night and wow man, it's fukkin finally where it should have been at 10 years ago.... maybe some of u didnt know, but this cd was never mastered... it went straight from DAT to the pressing.... now the output is loud and up there with the rest, and the production just enhanced itself with this total powerful sub bass freq dimension... the wonders of the mastering tools is the shit.... its like i said... fukkin finally!!!

and oh, as for the singles, i obviously decided against releasing them again as standalone releases. they will be added as bonuses to the most appropriate full-lengths, if added at all that is.

as an example, saw you drown will be the bonus to discouraged ones, sounds of decay to brave murder day etc
oh man, now you've said this I'm getting more and more thrilled over all this!:)

Blakkheim said:

When I saw this thread, that was the first thing I thought about. After the second "OMGWTFBBQ" post, I scanned down to see if there was anything posted by a band member on this. So glad to see this. I had heard about this release never being mastered when I mentioned (5 years ago?) that it really needs to be remastered then I think I mentioned it again. So glad to hear this. Can't wait to buy it. :)

Welll....GODDAMN!!! Peaceville can put the cd in a little plastic holder for all I care now....REMASTERED BMD!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is tyte!

Blakkheim said:

I guess technically you're not "remastering" Brave Murder Day then, haha. I take it the levels on BMD will match the remastered Sounds of Decay EP now? Will you include the track "Untrue" on the BMD/SOD re-release?

MadTinus said:
There already are BMD and Discouraged Ones vinyls, so if there's gonna be vinyls, let it be Tonight's Decision and LFDGD please!!

And October Tide vinyls of course, oh yeah! \m/

agreed, everything up to DO has already been released on vinyl. if anything, I'll push for vinyl releases of TD and LFDGD, the only titles that never saw a vinyl release.

Blakkheim said:

Sounds of Decay will be added as bonus to BMD??? holy fucking shit thats greeaatrtrtrt!!!!:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: all i wanted to hear.