Tattoos

Nehebkau

Sep 17, 2006
Hate them or love them?

What is your opinion on tattoos? I've been wanting to get one for years now, and still haven't thought of what design/words/picture/symbol whatever to go with.

I really want something small done first (I've been hovering on the idea of a Katatonia album name done on my wrist, brave murder day or discouraged ones)

Who has 'em?

Great thread

i am in the same boat, i've wanted them forever but i never found anything i wanted (i'm waiting till i like an idea for more than a year)
ideally i want to cover my arms, chest, back and possibly neck and hands as well!

i thought about a few agalloch ones, a few opeth ones, a katatonia one would be awesome, maybe a lyric or passage.

I want a few tattoos but I need money

I was thinking of getting the vocal notes of the chorus of in the white tattooed on a staff

I have been thinking about getting the image on the back of the My Twin EP tattooed on me..

I'm just debating where.. I was thinking either on my chest or forearm.

I have been thinking about getting the image on the back of the My Twin EP tattooed on me..

I'm just debating where.. I was thinking either on my chest or forearm.

:kickass: I had to check the back of mine to see what you were talking about, and damn that would make for a good tattoo.

I've got 4.. 3 of them are based on old woodcuts and 1 is a Devil Doll related tattooed with Mr Doctors hand writing and lyrics.
n1192007016_30153771_4392.jpg

n1192007016_30323610_5263.jpg

n1192007016_30323611_5676.jpg

n1192007016_30323612_6033.jpg

This one is going to be GONE.. it has faded and that tattooist made the lines too light. Still working on my new one... Going to be big.. from elbow to neck.

I've got none, nor do I plan on getting any soon. I'm not excluding it indefinitely though, but it will have to be something very meaningful and personal before I would immortalize it on my skin.

Sometimes tattoos can be nice though.

I hate it when tattoos are so general. I know 32642724 musicians who have a tattoo of the C or F-key because "I love music" >__<
If I would ever decide to "taint" my body it has to be with something very, very special and personal (as Martijn said).

Agreed with Vincent J & MadTinus. I don't have or want any. If I did get one it'd have to be really meaningful to me. I've seen too many bad ones, and heard too many people say they'd love to get one, but don't know what yet. I think those are usually the people that end up regretting them.

I have the "atypical" chinese tattoos. I knew what I wanted though for a long time and thought about it for a while. I have 4 symbols on either side of both wrists. I picked out the words as they have meaning to me. They remind me how black and white things can be at times but really aren't at times. Anyway, I don't tell anyone what they mean, but that only encourages them to keep asking. Assholes. :lol: