Peaceville buy the rights for back katalogue

Blakkheim said:
agreed, everything up to DO has already been released on vinyl. if anything, I'll push for vinyl releases of TD and LFDGD, the only titles that never saw a vinyl release.

And all those other albums have already been released on CD :cool:

Just kidding, but are those older vinyls hard to come by these days?

DO, BMD, JEM....pop on Ebay time to time. But I wish for affordable prices :(

I have school stuff to pay for and doctor bills...I need affordable vinyls.

Blakkheim said:
agreed, everything up to DO has already been released on vinyl. if anything, I'll push for vinyl releases of TD and LFDGD, the only titles that never saw a vinyl release.

What about Sound Of Decay, that has never been released on vinyl? It would look so great with matt-cover and light brown vinyl.

LifeDepraved said:
DO, BMD, JEM....pop on Ebay time to time. But I wish for affordable prices :(
JEM might be a bit more costy, but DO goes for quite affordable prices on ebay and BMD is still available new from Northern Silence Productions, who released it!
M.Lehto said:
What about Sound Of Decay, that has never been released on vinyl? It would look so great with matt-cover and light brown vinyl.
Agreed, that'd be awesome!

Hobo said:
we want pic vinls to frame and hang on my wall! :)
Or how about some shaped vinyl?! nothing beats those..

No we don't want pic vinyls, we want well made regular vinyls that sound good. Usually pic discs sound like shit :(

you dont listen to pic discs.. you frame them and hang them on your wall.
paintings are for cowards. (ofcourse, best would be to both release pics and regular... but if i have to choose, i can always listen to the cd and have the vinyl on my wall..)

Blakkheim said:
no, since that was from another session, we're leaving it exclusive to the BYD compilation.

Oh it was? I always thought it was from the same sessions. Was Untrue the only song you recorded during those sessions then?

Yeah, Pic Discs are boring unless that come with a package...the plastic bag won't do if I'm paying the same price as regular vinyl.

That's why I hail Hell's Headbangers!!! Vinyl for fans by fans.

this is such a great news!! I'm very happy for the band, and finally some of their albums will be widely available to everybody....great, great news

KittyKatatonia said:
Oh it was? I always thought it was from the same sessions. Was Untrue the only song you recorded during those sessions then?

the thing was we recorded sounds of decay two times. the first version turned out so bad that we couldn't even send it to the label. we had been out heavily drinkin the night before we were supposed to enter the studio (very smart i know) and we ended gettin pissed off at eachother, and i even refused to come down to the studio, so the the guys came to pick me up demanding the recordin to start. the mood was SHIT, and once down there the hungover took the best of us and we played like amateurs.... i can look back at it now with a laugh, but it was really embarassing. so anyways, we decided to re-record the entire minicd a few weeks later and that's what u've know as sounds of decay. however, we didn't re-record 'untrue' that time, so thats where its from.

i now hear many of u screamin for the original recording of nowhere, at last and inside the fall, but let me tell u, it's not fukkin worth it. it has some slightly different riffs and mike's vocals is more brutal, but the playing is... offside, penalty and a red card at once!

Ah, the story behind the other SOD recording... interesting. I read that Mikael found it too bad that you didn't release the more brutal version, but now that I read this I understand why you didn't.. hehe.

But now, seriously, Untrue is one fucking amazing song. It's too bad it isn't on the original SOD, but that just makes it more exclusive eh. xP

Well anyway, I'm lookin forward to October Tide's re-releases (no I don't even have Grey Dawn, shame on me, I know) and the remastered BMD.. can't wait!!! :)