PEAVEY JSX Blackface?

Carcass29

3oIF
Sep 21, 2005
New York
I just bought the new JSX and when I pulled it out of the box, I noticed right away the chrome plates were "cosmo" (black chrome) Just curious if anyone has info on this head....is it a special edition? I thought they ALL had the chrome plates in front. Also, it's supposed to have stock Electro Harmonix's el34's...this one came with JJ el34's. Anybody? Thanks

PEAVEYJSX.jpg

From the all the clips we've heard, Lord James Alexander Boyd (UP THE SHUT FUCK) and I have concluded that the JSX might be the perfect metal amp out of the box... perfect midrange, nice smooth, thick tone, articulate, good cleans, noisegate, resonance/presence controls, phat switches, etc.

Need to give this a good shoutout with my 5150, a Powerball, and a Triaxis sometime soon and decide what path I'm going to go down.

Sound damn fine indeed, the clip: both playing wise and tone wise, reminds me of old Arch Enemy. The only thing i dont like about it, is that the highs seem a little fuzzy and undefined for my taste, what cab/speakers did you use?

I have concluded that the JSX might be the perfect metal amp out of the box... perfect midrange, nice smooth, thick tone, articulate, good cleans, noisegate, resonance/presence controls, phat switches, etc.

I agree totally with that...my 5150 II I thought was the best sound straight out of the box...until this. I think this head will be the next 5150 for the next couple of years.

Sound damn fine indeed, the clip: both playing wise and tone wise, reminds me of old Arch Enemy. The only thing i dont like about it, is that the highs seem a little fuzzy and undefined for my taste, what cab/speakers did you use?

Thanks...like I said before...the EMGs arent wired properly so thats the fizz. Once I have the electronics done and the setup I'll post better sounding clips. BTW thats my 1960B cab with 75's

Carcass29 said:
I have concluded that the JSX might be the perfect metal amp out of the box... perfect midrange, nice smooth, thick tone, articulate, good cleans, noisegate, resonance/presence controls, phat switches, etc.

I agree totally with that...my 5150 II I thought was the best sound straight out of the box...until this. I think this head will be the next 5150 for the next couple of years.

Thanks...like I said before...the EMGs arent wired properly so thats the fizz. Once I have the electronics done and the setup I'll post better sounding clips. BTW thats my 1960B cab with 75's

While im by no means an expert, i'd say its more your 1960 Cab that's the cause of that horrible fizz. Only once have i heard that cab miced properly! and that was live, so i can't even be sure that it was REALY all that good.

I think it's very interesting to note these differences when comparing the 1960 to the "God" (imo) of cabs, the Mesa Recto quad:
http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=4
http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=5

While the difference isnt extreme, infact, the only major noticable diff is that the G12T 75 has a small amount more 4-10kHz than the V30, though it seems to be enough. Not to forget the fact that the G12T 75 is in a Marshall and not a Mesa.
Would i be wrong to assume that the price, reputation and aleged product development makes Mesa cabs sound better than Marshalls (by better i mean well rounded, without the high fizz)?

yeah I think the fizz would have more to do with the fact that you're using a 1960a. I love that cab and think it's perfect for really agressive tight tones a la mesh and fear factory. But it definately has a certain fizzyness to it that can be hard to tame without sacrificing clarity.

your jsx with a mesa v30 cab would be amazing I'd imagine.

keep the heavy clips coming..........................cool clean clip.

I ben raving over the JSX for over a year and been gettin laughed at on other forums when i compared it to the 5150 and Dual Recto ....

The Fucking thing just SLAYS !!!!!

Especially with the JJ's in it ....

I believe the Cosmo Black IS a 2006 change. I saw one in Sam's Ass the other day and was jamming. It also had JJ's in it ... Im blown away with it really.

Carcass29 said:
This was recorded with headphones on the mic input on my pc....terrible. Enjoy!

did you know...that you're an asshole?? ;)

"here, taste this delicious Indian Pad Thai I've cooked up, but only after I roll it around a bit in the cum-bucket I keep under my bed."

:p

the fact that you're using a 1960a

actually it's a 1960B cab...I don't know..I've had these cabs, A & B since the mid 80's....they sound ok to me. Maybe I'll go for v30's in the future with the 'X" pattern.
cool clean clip
Thanks
This was recorded with headphones on the mic input on my pc....terrible. Enjoy!

did you know...that you're an asshole??

??....yep mic input....what's that about??