Pecan Enkrusted Salmon

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Here's something totally off topic, but worthy of discussion. More or less becasue I have time to post something so strange...
Yeah, yeah, I'm totally Martha Stewart (except my vagina is on my chin!), but hey... why not share a tasty meal idea, How metal is that! Seriously!
If anyone takes a stab at this, let me know how it turns out.

2 - 1 lb. Salmon cuts
1 cup of milk
1 cup crushed pecans (or nut of choice!)
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbl sp season salt
3 tbl sp crushed pepper
2 tbl of oil

Okay, this is an easy dish for salmon, even for those that don't fancy seafood, this one is worth a try. My wife loves it when I make this!
Take out the salmon, and put it in a freezer bag with 1 cup of milk, and let it soak for up to 10 min. (this helps neutralize that fishy taste for those sensitive to it... like our drummer)

Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix them together and then pour out onto a plate. Take the fish soaking in milk and roll the the pieces of salmon in the mix, making sure it is covered as best as possible.

Take the pecan covered Salmon, and lightly brown them in a pan with oil on medium heat. You may want to have the pan pre-heated before rolling the salmon. Also, don't turn the heat up to high, or the mix on the salmon will scorch and you'll fill your house with a hell of a lot of smoke! (speaking from experience!)

Once the Salmon is browned lightly, place on a non-stick baking pan, or on tin foil in a baking tray, and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

Added note - goes great with sliced and baked seasoned red potatoes and a nice chianti! :lol:

Dude, this post is totally UN-metal and should be deleted immediately! Or, at least, give us a recipe for pecan encrusted salmon with a studded wrist band and cod piece.

You know I've been thinking. Is it too late to title the new album "Pecan Encrusted Salmon"? I think has an ominous ring to it.

Then I can tell people that "this is our heaviest, flakiest, most tender and delicious album to date!"

Marc