Per Wiberg appreciation thread

T-Rat

Muse Of Fire
Mar 17, 2004
jewtown, ma
www.myspace.com
ok, mofos...

this dude is so fucking talented, i can't stand it!

his solos and other parts are outrageously good... he's clearly a superior musician and he's obviously loving what he does--just look at pics of his hair flying!

so, i think we need to welcome this newest Opethian and let him know how much we appreciate his contribution to the band's musicianship and personality.

:worship:

Per, I love you.

(oh, and someone needs to start an Axe-appreciation thread too)

Per is the man. He adds so much to the old songs when they're played live. The middle section to Under the Weeping moon is awesome, as is the tradeoff between him and Mikael in Closure. Plus he seems really into the music when live, playing passionately and headbanging like none other. He truly is a core member of the band and I'm looking forward to his creative input; his parts on Ghost Reveries were tasteful and great.

Also, Spiritual Beggars are awesome :headbang:

To be honest, I don't like Per. In fact, I don't like Ghost Reveries, and that's where they gave Per his biggest oppurtunity to get involved with the music.

He is fucking amazing. I love his keyboard effects, and hes not wanky or cheesy at all. Excellent contribution to the band.

And his live show is THE BEST! He gets so into it its crazy. I love the way he headbangs and plays, its midevielish and really cool. Im surprised it took this long for you guys to notice that he is a total monster life. Bass Player does some cool windmill headbangs and such, but Per blows him out of the water. I have never seen anyone get this much into the music.

his solo in closure was amazing! that guy really can play, and I feel bad b/c half of the songs it seems like he doesn't have anything to do (atleast it was like that last night). I guess the band just needs to settle down after they tour for a bit so they can incorporate some keyboard into their songs. Nevertheless he is an amazing addition to the band, and Ghost Reveries would not be as good as it is w/o his contribution! Thanks Per!!

blimey said:
To be honest, I don't like Per. In fact, I don't like Ghost Reveries, and that's where they gave Per his biggest oppurtunity to get involved with the music.

+1

from the few stuff ive heard him do i like it.. but i have trouble hearing his input in some songs(like in live shows) annd ya... what ive heard of him hes good, but i think the volume on the keyboard needs to be turned up a bit...

per is a great guy who does an amazing job behind those keys...and hes funny too...
Per- "ill sign your arm..only if you promise me you wont get it tattooed"
Me- "awww i cant promise that...its ok im over age"
Per- "Lets see some I.D Mister!"
also
Per-"i remember this picture...the tour bus was behind us somewhere"
Me- "Yea its right there in the corner"
Per- "Yeah there it is!"

i love that guy...hes so great

YES!! Per Veeberg!!

I saw him on the lamentations dvd and he was sooo conservative and held back. I just saw opeth February 18, in pittsburgh. At any heavy point he was head banging harder than anyone in the band...even Mendez.

He doesn't get enough credit. Go Per!!