Peter appreciation thread.... and other thoughts...

Damn! That made me cry with laughter!!
You really are this forums crown jewel!
And I am being serious!!

Mirrored Ghost said:
Anyways, peace.

PEAC EOUT!!

Thought I would join in on the multiple personality disorder which seems to have been a result in typing in this thread o_O

I basically look through thread for the drinks sigs as I know they'll be really fun, and especially the long green one, because like 90% of your posts are funny, and 10% are Erks, and 80% end up deleted or something! :D

vampyrouss said:
I basically look through thread for the drinks sigs as I know they'll be really fun, and especially the long green one, because like 90% of your posts are funny, and 10% are Erks, and 80% end up deleted or something! :D
Haha, I think in the past week all of my posts have been deleted.

PEAC EOUT

Indeed! We did make that off topic forum ya know! (plus me and Tubbs want your humour to be forever chronicled in forum style instead of being deleted)

vampyrouss said:
I just feel sorry for Moonlapse when he arrives, he has to delete a load of our off topic ramblings (unfortunatly...) plus read a quite personal attack. Even if it wasn't meant that way you did single him out... hope he had a good day until he comes on here to see this madness! :tickled:

Actually, I just woke up :|

Other guys, please don't take this thread off-topic. I'll delete the last few set of posts if I have to, but I'd rather not. The other 'unofficial' Opeth forums around the place have off-topic chat areas. Why don't you guys chat around there?

I'll just briefly adress the thread..

I had absolutely no idea, when I clicked the link to open this thing that it would be remotely, in any shape or form related to me. I think that my comments were quite blown up and taken way too seriously. But it's nothing new, this has happened in the past as well.

It feels stale and monotonous, you know, having to constrain every aspect of one's posting out of fear of people who take things seriously (of which there is a lot of around the net) not to associate your opinion with some sort of ill-wishes towards the band, or disregard for the band's reputation or whatnot.

The quote that was up there is just that. I don't like the solo. Period. I'm not blaming anybody - I don't like the solo. I think the song is fantastic, that the first two solos are great, but I don't like the last one. That's all there is to it. I have no idea how that opinion can be construed as damaging at all to Opeth. I mean, what do you all care what I think? I sure as hell hope Opeth don't care what I think. It's just how I feel, and since this is a discussion forum, I'm not going to sugarcoat every comment I make.

If it makes it easier for you, try to envision me as an employee of UM and not of Opeth. Better? Good.

I noted the word 'redundancy'. I'm 'redundant' in voicing my very positive opinion about GR as a whole. I'm also very 'redundant' about voicing my total love for Still Life but.... why doesn't that get a thread? Actually, this board is built on redundancy. The same topics creep up every now and again, and I express the same opinion, rephrased. There is nothing specially 'redundant' about this particular topic aside from the thread author's fixation on it.

There really is no malice in what I've said, and next time, I'd hope that I'd get contacted privately about any qualms people have with my posting habbits, prior for it being posted on the entire forum, for all to see.

Moonlapse said:
Other guys, please don't take this thread off-topic. I'll delete the last few set of posts if I have to, but I'd rather not. The other 'unofficial' Opeth forums around the place have off-topic chat areas. Why don't you guys chat around there?
Hey, if anyone wants off-topic chat so to not spam these boards, try www.opethtributealbum.forumup.com

Sorry if I seem like an ass for mentioning that, but it's the perfect opportunity. :D

Yes, you have made a very, very good point too. Please, don't delete this post I think it'd be cool if people stopped complaining here for once.

- the Somewhat Fat Guitarist

Moonlapse said:
Actually, I just woke up :|

Or the tribute one that I've been plugging in every off topic topic around!!! Its purpose (besides the obvious) is to let all of us get to know eachother with silly posts and off topic banter so we won't need to on here, which is why I mention it so often! And a bunch of us already signed up, so come join the fun, including you Moonlapse! Though I'm sure you'll be busy enough on here, lol, but the offer is always there!