Phase-adjusting/manual time delay plugin?

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Some may be aware of the extremely awesome Little Labs IBP that, among other uses, has what is essentially a time-adjuster on it to control phase, and I'm wondering if there's any plugin that could serve the same purpose. Mostly, I'm thinking of amp blending with the same DI going through; naturally, the phase may not be perfect, so it would be awesome if I could insert a plugin on a recorded guitar track that simply had a knob that would control the phase of the signal so I could sweep it and get them to match (or even play around with some cool cancellations, but that of course is secondary). Suggestions? I'd rather not have to do trial and error of dragging the region around :Smug:

Something like this? Had no time to try, but it sound promising...

*edit*

I think here is something better: PhaseTone or PhaseBug

PhaseBug - Its primary function is to shift the phase of an incoming audio signal. This is a critical function in fixing source signals that have phase errors in relation to one another, which can cause inappropriate cancellation or reinforcement of frequencies in a mix.

This is an impulse:
impulsei.jpg

How about pasting one at the begining of your DI signal so when reamping, you can use it as a reference to align the reamped signals?
I hope it makes sense, sorry for my broken english...

in Cubase you can simply time delay a channel without any plug-ins, just insert the value in samples and viola.

Maybe reaper has the same option, just hidden somewhere ?

in Cubase you can simply time delay a channel without any plug-ins, just insert the value in samples and viola.

Maybe reaper has the same option, just hidden somewhere ?

Yeah, but that's very trial and error, I wanted something with a virtual knob or slider that I could adjust and hear the results in real-time

Nukular!, thanks a ton dude, those look perfect! Figures the Voxengo one would have way too many knobs, that guy is such a fucking nerd when it comes to tweakability :lol: (unfortunately it makes the Marquis Compressor almost useless to me, however, I hate having so many goddamn options when I don't really know the effect, if any, that half of them have! :Smug: )

Metaltastic said:
Nukular!, thanks a ton dude, those look perfect! Figures the Voxengo one would have way too many knobs, that guy is such a fucking nerd when it comes to tweakability (unfortunately it makes the Marquis Compressor almost useless to me, however, I hate having so many goddamn options when I don't really know the effect, if any, that half of them have! )

Oh, you're welcome!:)
If you have the time - can you please give us an update if/how good they work for you? Thanks.