Photoshopeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. Iverson said:
Bunch of pussies, grossed out by the process that brought you to life, Yeah thats right, you arrived here through your mothers bloody dripping cunt, not dangling from the beak of a fucking stork. It's not 'eww' its not 'yucky' its not 'sick', its natural. Jeez. So you're all wimps under that tough-grim-deathmetal-rrraaarrrgh exterior....

:)
:cry: liar! i came from a stork!

mike29rt.png

This photo of Mike is funny by itself.

affinityband said:
Thats how we spell it in England. Its not our fault you dont have a proper education lol:saint:
i gess americans are just dumbass cunts!:Smug:

Thankfully yes. Trust me Canadian and American people, you spell Phillip with a double <l>. We invented the language, we know. I don't think you're dumb, I just think your phonemics system is bit flawed.

What a roller coaster this thread is, from laughter to tears in one managable thread of 30+ pages... wonder where it will take us next!

It's not about spelling. It's about where he's from and what country was the first to colonise that part of Canada (or America if his ancestory is American). This leads to different pronouncation and thus, different spelling. At the end of the day speech was around a long time before spelling and writing. So far as I know the origin of Phillip is Spanish and as there's no <j> (can't find the IPA symbol for this) sound in Spansih it was sometimes written as <i> or <l>. See, <written> another example of the double letter following the short vowel sound. On the other hand Phillip's a proper concrete noun, spelling rules don't really apply to proper nouns, e.g. the place name Qatar, if that was any other word it would need a <u> after the <q> but it's a concrete noun so the rule doesn't really apply. By the way, Americans and Canadians, you spell through "thru" and I am so with you on that because the way we spell it is just trying to cheat at Scrabble.

Status
Not open for further replies.