Thanks!

Jan 28, 2002
Stockholm/SWEDEN
www.opeth.com
The feedback on us closing down this forum has been pretty big. People have asked us to reconsider, but we'll stick to our guns. We expect the forum to be shut down soon. Actually today, Friday 28th August was my idea of the last day. Maybe the time difference plays a little part here.

Anyways, we hold no grudge against you people with genuine interests in the band, but I do want you to know that if it wasn't for the "trolls" the forum would still be up and running. Not a case of letting them "win", for us it's just a forum that's been abused and have cast a negative light on our name, so we pull out.

It's a permanent decision, yet never say never. We might open it up again when we have a new album that needs some boosting.

As for now, thanks and (a internet) goodbye to you all. Maybe we'll meet some of you in person on the upcoming Prog nation tour. In the end, a face to face meeting with a person of flesh and blood is something I think we all value one hell of a lot more than tapping shit on a keyboard.

Not sure exactly when this is closing down, but this is my last post here and oddly enough my very first thread.

Thanks on behalf of the band
Mike

No!!!!!!!!!:cry:
I understand the motivation to close the joint, but financially it surely is a somewhat short sighted decision? Given that an active blossoming fanbase is a great boost to merch and recorod sales, gig promotion, general publicity, etc.

I had some good time reading this forum.
A pity that is closing,but i get your point,Mike.

Still got to see you in concert... Maybe this october I'll have a chance.
See ya!

It's sad that the forum is shutting down, but don't worry because Tonight, we JAM IN HELL!!

Maybe you can teach me and Lucifer how to play guitar well. Just kidding, Thanks Mike.

I've enjoyed coming on here these past few years, reading your posts Mike, thank you for taking time out to reply to us. Hopefully I'll meet you again on the Prog Nation tour in Manchester.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8509750 said:
In the end, a face to face meeting with a person of flesh and blood is something I think we all value one hell of a lot more than tapping shit on a keyboard.

Very true, in fact this is what boosts trolls in the first place imo.

Thank you very much and really hope to meet you in person.:kickass:

Just wanted to say thanks to Mike and all the forum users, spite i never posted here, i really enjoyed reading the forum, especially mike´s old posts.
That said (and knowing this is completely off-topic), i want to make a sugestion to the band, especially mike, and i hope he reads this.
I heard mike saying that the cover of the song "would?" by alice in chains wasnt good, because it was to similar to the original. And i agree. To make it an "Opeth song" they should have used growls in the chorus. Think about it mike...growls...
Sorry for bringing this up here, but i feel that might be my last chance to say this to the band since the forum is closing.
Willing to see you guys on prog nation tour in Portugal!

Cheers

i was not very long here, but i can say it was a good time!
thank you and i hope to see you one day:headbang:

Thank you for everything that you did on this forum, Mike.

I'll see you face to face one day. Let the twilight be your robe forever more.

Cheers.

I am not convinced that running away from a problem is the best way to solve it, but we are all entitled to our own opinion, right?

Anyway so be it and thanks for everything. Your music speaks to my soul.

you better rock our (and DTs) socks off on the prog nation tour!
less foruming, more kickass guitarring!
I expect the next Opeth album to be a mix between Jan Johansson, Jojje Wadenius, Allan Edwall and Georg Riedel. :kickass:
BRING IT ON BIZATCH!