Physicist...

[KOTNO]Narrot

Eats and spits corpses...
Sep 2, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
i know many ppl think that it is the weakest of devy...so did i long time....

finally i realized why...because it's a SYL album. something makes me sure about that!

it has two of the most beloved devy tracks...and a shitload of supergenius works!

Physicist was Dev trying to recover after Infinity. His initial aim was to simplify. It's not an SYL album in that it's not pissed off/frustrated enough. It's just... Physicist.

*slaps forehead*

Physicist is not SYL

I thought that dev has stressed that enough.

God it doesnt even sound like SYL

Im really greatfull that dev released Physicist, it was my favorite dev album until terria came out. Some tracks have a brilliant 'pop' feel to them.

Physisist is a unique and great album... It can be seen as a natural progression after Infinity..

Devin just wanted to have a bit of fun, and recover after the Infinity Monster..

And after he got physisist out of the way, he got right back on track with Terria!

But god.. I can't wait his new stuff comes out!!!

Originally posted by happy friggin camper
Physicist is not SYL

I thought that dev has stressed that enough.

Don't argue Happy. Dev/HDR said many many many times for years that even SYL was really just a project like Ocean Machine or Infinity but people will still fight me on the issue because it's different now.

Dev himself slams it periodically. It served its purpose and was quite enjoyable really. Still, it's not as compostionally inclined as say Terria.

I am not a huge fan of Physicist as a complete album, but I'll confess that I haven't listened to it all that much.
I tend to only want to listen to individual tracks which is unusual, but some of them are my favourites ...Irish Maiden, Namaste... are damn rockin tunes.

I have some kind of reissue I think, it has a commentry on it which is a fucking crack up. The vocal patterns are suitably edge-of-insanity style...

I can see how the lyrics may be percieved as dark and down,but i personally think it's a positive album compared to say Inifity or a SYL album,

everysong has a positive message if you put it into perspective of what he is trying to do and what he just went through.

Oh, I would not say it's dark and down sounding overall. It's got more of a "moving from my personal hell on out" vibe to it.

physicist is my fovorite project from devy (right after SYL - city) and those who say that this album got no "personality" they just don't know what they are talking about.