pic thread...

Lordenlil, the five dots in the middle of the MDB cover remind me of "Haven" for some reason or another. ;)

I guess MDB would use this sort of cover when they decided to make a more modern music. It looks like that sort of cover, in my opinion. Compare it to the new ToT covers. There you can clearly see that the whole style of the band has changed.

Anyway, good work! And "Horrible Hours" at least has an "eye-alliteration", which is cool. Oh, and did I mention that MDB are one of my favourite bands? :D

Yeah - it's more like a goth cover of some kind.. perhaps. But in
the earlier stage it looked very much like 34.788%. So a mix of
that record and their current style might be it ;)
I don't own a copy of Haven, but I have posters somewhere :)

Originally posted by Somber Soul

Ha, I had this suspicion from your description. ;) Well, I'm used to schools which are really strict and where you have to fulfil certain objectives (regular homework, good tests, participation) in order to get a good grade. But I can see that the way the Norwegians do it also has advantages. It's a more creative approach which relies on the responsibility of the individual, I guess. So you're right: if a person cannot cope WITHOUT pressure, then it's not a good thing in that system. On the other hand, such a system allows great freedom. You know, it really sounds like university the way you describe.

I prefer more freedom and more responsibility. I could never have survived a system like the one you're in! I am very stubborn and have a bad temper, and if someone tells me what to do and not to do, I get really mad. -But I'm not long mad, hehe! ;)

So I say: Freedom to the ones who can take care of themselves, and fuck the rest! It's their own fault! (Oki, this wasn't a 100% serious..... :p )

Wow, there are many posts here and so many cool photos and graphics it took a few looks to read and see many, I'm kinda new to UM so spent more time reading it seems. Hate to spam BB's too much before getting to understanding.
Lordenlil, that graphic does kinda look like something that would have been on MDB 33.788% I can see why you might have added them to it. And in reading your words about photoshop helped me figure out how to create an avatar. Thank's

I won't make it to Millwuake this year. But I think as autumn falls and winter arise's, I would like to figure passport stuff out. Also, 1 1/2 years ago, my mom told me that her and my grandma were going to Norway and Denmark in 5 years and that I could go with if I paid my way. We'll see what can become of it all. I think I can make it to Arch Enemy 25 July though.

The first time I seen them there were mostly older people there and they had tables with candles lit on them. We stood on the edge and attempted dancing. To have someone come up to us and tell us not to. Like what the hell is this persons problem.
Anyway there was only one person there looking metal there and it turned out that he got up on stage and started jammin' electric guitar with them Klevabergselden(Kleveberg's Fire). It was a way memorable show.
Well none of their other shows after that have been uptight and Cedar Cultural Centre has real good beer, cheap. And outstanding accoustics.

A view from my living room
garden01.jpg