Picked up TooL's Lateralus Vinyl

kickinwing65

¯\(°_o)/¯ - How do?
Dec 3, 2007
Petoskey, Michigan
And after opening the package, one record was warped, and the other chipped on the surface....

What the Hell?

36 dollars for that shit too...

Totally swapping it for the other copy at the store tomorrow.

(but from what I was able to hear, it sounded like I was right there in the studio):headbang:

you bastard! :p my favourite album that is! i've only been able to find opiate and undertow on vinyl so far! i've seen aenima a few times but never had spare cash for it. how do you think the quality and sound would compare to say listening to a FLAC copy of it? i hear new things everytime i listen to FLAC.

I got 2 copies of this album on vinyl. One set is signed on each side of the two discs by each member of the band - the other is just sealed. I'll probably bust it out once I have a proper turntable and preamp to run it all through.

you bastard! :p my favourite album that is! i've only been able to find opiate and undertow on vinyl so far! i've seen aenima a few times but never had spare cash for it. how do you think the quality and sound would compare to say listening to a FLAC copy of it? i hear new things everytime i listen to FLAC.

Are you saying you think FLAC sounds better than a CD? How is that possible?

Are you saying you think FLAC sounds better than a CD? How is that possible?

no lol, i don't listen to my cd because i like to have quick access to everything through my foobar library. i'm aware that there shouldn't be any difference between cd and FLAC hence why it is called a lossless format.

There were two copies at my local Sam Goody.. Hopefully when i exchange it the other copy is still there

It sounds a LOT better than the cd. I'm even playing it through a pair of old pioneer cs-707's and a pioneer receiver. One midrange is shot and the other's horn is blown but it still sounds better