Pickups you like?

Might give these a go, I've got a all mahogany Schecter 7 with JB/59 and was looking for some pickups to tighten it up. I'm guessing the clean sound isn't up to much?

For cleans, just wire that 59 in paralell, it sounds perfect (at least it did in my LP). I had it wired with push/pull switch for series/paralell.

BKP Blackhawk. Its not got a goofy mid honk or top scratchiness too it like most bkps do. Pretty perfect EQ for low turnings to sit into a mix tbh.

Friend has a Crunch Lab and its really nice for standard tunings but the low mids have this grainy ness to them for drop C below.

For me, neck = dimarzios. Between me and my 2nd guitarist we have a Liquifire, Steve's Special and Super 2 and they all kick ass.

For low tunings the Lundgren M is a holy grail. It's exactly what I consider perfect.

EMG 81s sound pretty good as well, but with some tunings and string gauges I don't dig it as much. Under just the right conditions it's awesome.

I think the vast majority of pickups are pretty much garbage. Companies thrive on people swapping pickups constantly and have a wide range of models and none of them hit the nail on the head. Lundgren has one pickup for metal, the M and it sounds so good I won't be swapping it. EMG has one legendary model for the bridge, the 81.

EMG 57/66 Set- I have these in my new Schecter Loomis. Incredible tone. Hot, yet still very dynamic and responds to vol knob changes well. Tight in the lows, no scoop in the mids. Great cleans on the 66. Nice fluid leads on the 66 as well without muddiness in the lows.

SD Distortion- just a great all around bridge PU.

SD Pegasus- tight lows, full mids, tamed highs, clear, defined.

SD Sentient- great neck PU. Thicker than a jazz but not as muddy as a 59. Great for cleans and fluid leads.

Dimarzio 36th Anni set- versatile set, kind of the hot-rodded PAF tone.

Dimarzio Super Distortion- a classic. Wouldn't be my first choice for down-tuned metal as it might not be tight enough in the lows. For everything else...wonderful pickup.

SD Full Shred- it's picky about what guitar you put it in. I've loved it in some guitars, not so much in others. Tight lows, articulate, medium amount of mids, good highs without harshness. Does the "tight and defined" thing well without resulting in an overly stiff feel.