Pics of fake amp stacks

i remember seeing live tdep photos where they had dummy cabs with blinders in which i thought was pretty cool but you need to be that sorta intense band live to get away with it

So exactly what did you insinuate with this then?

You're a smart boy. Can't you figure it out?

I meant that rather than focusing on their music, and letting it speak for itself... they glitz themselves up for the cameras and sell their faces and a certain 'image' ...

I may be wrong. But I'd prefer to see just straight sweaty bollocks, rather than sweaty bollocks covered in shiny glitter.

You're a smart boy. Can't you figure it out?

I meant that rather than focusing on their music, and letting it speak for itself... they glitz themselves up for the cameras and sell their faces and a certain 'image' ...

.. which is the same as selling out, so i was right.

Well it's obvious you have to get fake stacks n cabs if you wanna stay true metal and your real setup looks like this:
epicgear2.jpg

Haha, this actually ended up on an official release ;)

this was part of the guitarsound for Alestorms "Captain Morgan's Revenge".

LoFi section in I think it was "Terror on the high seas" or something.
Post EQ FTL ;)

Ah, just saw Gav said it already.

thanks again for that amp mate, it's still sitting here doing its job....damn, had we fun recording that album, lol

Quite possibly the best ever "fake" amp stacks ever. Geddy Lee and his Henhouse Rotisserie Chicken Cookers lined up on stage. They even mic them up for looks. He has gone direct for years (he recently started using Orange Amps/Cabs behind the scenes according to the Orange site), but always has something representing the amps on his side of the stage - they have also be washing/dryer machines, and sandwich machines over the years - but all were mic'd up :)

HenHousef.jpg

2704443522_2397a92d87.jpg

081907_2359_RushRedrock3.png

GeddyLeeWasherDryerHighlight.bmp

to his current setup with the "steampunk" theme for the Time Machine tour:

Rush_Time_Machine_Tour_Review-8.jpg

MMMMMMM - Hot and Tasty Sound!!!!! :)

Hahahaha, always thought what Geddy did for a backline was ACTUALLY cool, because it shows he has a great sense of humor and doesn't take himself seriously, but takes the music seriously, which is how all musicians should be. I can't stand guys like Zakk Wylde, Slayer, Glen Benton (don't get me wrong, I like some of their music though) who take themselves so seriously with being "true" and putting on this stupid act, like Zakk with his whole biker image etc.
Geddy, is just Geddy, pure awesome.

Hahahaha, always thought what Geddy did for a backline was ACTUALLY cool, because it shows he has a great sense of humor and doesn't take himself seriously, but takes the music seriously, which is how all musicians should be. I can't stand guys like Zakk Wylde, Slayer, Glen Benton (don't get me wrong, I like some of their music though) who take themselves so seriously with being "true" and putting on this stupid act, like Zakk with his whole biker image etc.
Geddy, is just Geddy, pure awesome.

Totally agreed :worship: Zakk wylde is annoying, I don´t mean any disrespect at all as I do respect him as the successful musician he is, but I´ve never liked his playing style or his whole image/attitude thing

Öwen;9343996 said:
No but it serves as a talking point doesnt it and thats all that really matters, otherwise you might as well not bother with the light show either, because its not really necessary at all, its just something to improve the experience for a lot of people, so Joe Bloggs goes home and tells all his mates:

"Woaaah, you should have seen X band last night, they had 20 Marshall stacks, the lights were amazing and the music was loud as hell!"

Catering to just musicians is a load of turd, apart from your artistry you need a bit more to drag people out on a friday night or whatever and give them an experience.

If you're not just selling tickets to your show to musicians (a usually extremely boring criteria although metal seems to cater for it entirely) then people want an experience not just 4 guys on stage playing combo amps, punters want to believe that rock musicians are somehow divine or something, they dont just want the music they want the experience of something entirely beyond them. The illusion is half the power of the show.

this is absolutely true.

What Owen said. Good lights, video, banners and staging make things look cooler and more fun for the average concert goer. Otherwise everyone would be sitting in chairs playing under florescent lighting. Even jazz tours have a whole host of things done for visuals alone. The notion that dummy cabs don't serve a purpose is misguided-- they serve an aesthetic purpose.