picture thread! (modem users beware)

spaffe

Geisterglut
Feb 25, 2002
Sverige
www.skivsamling.nu
in an attempt to wake this somewhat dormant forum up i've created a picture-thread, (feel free to croon a fanfare of your choice here) so go ahead, post some pictures you've found online that you like or perhaps some of your own works. and don't forget to comment on what has been posted, not doing so would make this thread loose it's meaning, if it has any that is ;)

i'll go first then; here's a nice one made by an artist called Fredrik Rahmqvist :

viv.jpg

i really like the motif and the cartoonish style it has been done in, it also depicts a part of history i'm very much interested in.

Nice shit, spaffe. I've been doing some major cartooin' during my vacation to the Swizz mountains and I'm actually downloading pics from my camera now so I'll post some of that later. It's shit quality tho

Patric said:
Nice shit, spaffe. I've been doing some major cartooin' during my vacation to the Swizz mountains and I'm actually downloading pics from my camera now so I'll post some of that later. It's shit quality tho

ah i gotta go there sometime, or at least visit our swedish fjelds, i've never been farther north than åre :|

couldn't you take a photo of some of the stuff you've drawn with you camera? if you feel like posting it that is ;)

Yeah well, let's all be honest 'cause I've never seen a fjeld myself (eventhough I bet every non-Swede that posts here think we all have)...I'm from the pancake-land of Sweden anyhow.

Yeh of course friend, I've got some toonz on my camera. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/patricwrgrden/lst?.dir=/Patric/Khaos+Toonz&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ Still working on my "Swedes-to-Switzerland" sketch, and that's some funny shit. "Radovich" the main character is ME, btw...blaah...

This is one of my favorite book covers from my favorite H.P Lovecraft novell. Well this is how it looks in Denmark, don't know if what you have in your native country.

hpl-08.JPG

Patric said:
Yeah well, let's all be honest 'cause I've never seen a fjeld myself (eventhough I bet every non-Swede that posts here think we all have)...I'm from the pancake-land of Sweden anyhow.

Yeh of course friend, I've got some toonz on my camera. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/patricwrgrden/lst?.dir=/Patric/Khaos+Toonz&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ Still working on my "Swedes-to-Switzerland" sketch, and that's some funny shit. "Radovich" the main character is ME, btw...blaah...

haha yeah and not to mention denmark, the highest "mountain" there's like 300 meters or something right? :D

the comics seem nice but it's hard to read what's written, but the drawings look really nice.

gcele i've seen the first one before and that guy's just stunning, think i've got some other pics made by him on my computer.
the second one is really cool it looks so "evil" in black and white and when it's done in that style, is it woodcut? great anyway :)

Himmelbjerget! Our proud and joy, takes like 10 minutes to get up there but what the hell. Yeah, it's cause the damn scanner isn't working so right now I'll have to just take pics with the camera. Glad you enjoyed the drawings though, it's nothing serious or showing my true talent, but damn fun making! Now make sure you don't do something hyserically comical or YOU will end up there too hehe...

boat-inflames.jpg

Boat burning, the Viking way, during the Viking market here last weekend.

flamingsword.JPG

A show with two burning swords that two friends of mine had at the same market.

spaffe said:
the second one is really cool it looks so "evil" in black and white and when it's done in that style, is it woodcut? great anyway :)
Yeah, I suppose so, either that or some kind of copperplate engravings, whatever they used in the 19th century :)

Another cool illustrator is Hans Arnold, who's specialized in horror and fantasy (-ish) paintings:
soldat.jpg

And of course, the king of troll paintings, John Bauer:
01.jpg

Cadarn: yeah, thanks patron! those words rule! Is that you on the picture, with long hair and all?

gcele: I swear I remembered that Hans Arnold, I think he's sone some illustrations for my ghost books I read when I was a child.
I'm also a Bauer fan :)

Patric said:
Cadarn: yeah, thanks patron! those words rule! Is that you on the picture, with long hair and all?

Yeah, exactly! The pic is 3 years old, sometime I think to grow up again my hair but Im not so patientful anymore

Belgar said:
Awesome design Spaffe, mind to point out that is it the cover of one of Asmegin's album, a great viking folk metal band. Cannot wait for their new album.

nah it's not the album cover but the same artist made the cover for their (only) full length, which i'm listening to right now, folk metal galore! ;).

this is the cover btw:

hvsos_large.jpg

patric hehe nice muts :p

gcele i like john bauer as well even tho i prefer my troll a bit more evil hehe...