Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
201.jpg

Nick

I'm a bit bored this morning, so I thought I'd brighten everybody's day with these pics of the square of my home town.
And it gets so much better when you find out that this charming fountain and sculpture is called "The Lift". Since people seem to be pretty smart around here, I don't think I need to explain what its nickname is...
torget.jpg

lyftet.jpg

Why some artist actually considered this to be an improvement for an already really ugly square is beyond me and makes me wonder what kind of town I'm living in... :erk:

@northern lights: modern art lost all its charm for me when i found out a popular "masterpiece" consisted in four gold potatoes scattered amongst a heap of real potatoes. "the lift" barely scratches the surface of what can be mistakenly called art if you - for instance - are a sheep. :p

rahvin.

@rahvin: :lol: at the potatoes...
I know, I've seen worse... but I think Freud would have some really really interesting things to say about the man who created that "the lift"... and as for modern art, it's a joke IMO. I could be an artist too, I'll just take a cup and a spoon, paint them bright green and put them next to each other and then tell people this artwork symbolises the fight for freedom all over the world. Voilá I'm a famous artist who gets to drink red wine and pretend to be intellectual in the company of other artists.
No, I'm not prejudiced at all. I hate everyone equally ;) :D

$10greenrosecupx.jpg
01480.jpg

:eek: the world stands in awe and all wars cease all of a sudden.

but you're wrong about red wine. i drink red wine, it's not hip or classy - at least not here. the right kind of wine beats art fifty-nil. :)

rahvin.

:OMG: :eek: I'm amazed!
Hey I drink red wine too ;) I was just trying to paint a picture. However, some people I know of do believe that drinking wine somehow makes them more refined.... tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.