Pink Floyd- What's their best?

My personal favorite has always been, and will always be "Animals". Just an absolute masterpiece...IMO. It does have a psychedelic feel in parts, but would be a good start...not quite as trippy as the older stuff. That's how I started off with them, "Darkside...", "Wish You Were Here", and stuff like that before I checked out the older stuff with Sid. That dude was a certified whacked out genious.

You can't go wrong with most anything from them...just give everything a good chance.

Seth

Freanan said:
Hmmm i listened to Dark Side of the Moon because it seems to be the classical album by Pink Floyd - but i fopund it rather boring - just some mellow pop-music kind of thing.
I enjoyed the Wall, or at least parts of it much more.

Can someone please tell me which album is their least "musical", their most "heavy", least mainstream work (as the Wall is less mainstream then Dark Side... (at least according to my single short listening experience of the latter album))?

Pink Floyd is the greatest band to every walk the face of the earth, despite the fact that they should have hung it up after ROger Waters left. I know that others have weighed in similarly, but if you are looking for less mainstream, you should go for the following:

Saucerful of Secrets
Piper at the Gates of Dawn
UmmaGumma

Their best album however, in my opinion, is Meddle. That is probably the single greatest album ever made. Ever. By any band. After that, Animals and Wish you Were Here.

Mike

Wish You Were Here is their best. It was the pinnacle of their songwriting and the atmosphere is excllent. One of my all time favorite albums.

Freanan said:
Can someone please tell me which album is their least "musical", their most "heavy", least mainstream work (as the Wall is less mainstream then Dark Side... (at least according to my single short listening experience of the latter album))?
Ummagumma by far. Each member does about fifteen minutes of expiriemntal music which ranges from ambient percussion to screwed up voice tracks to avant-garde keyboard instrumetals to flute solos. Very good stuff...