PL and Iconoclast artwork

beowulf1969

Aug 21, 2011
I just love the artwork on the last couple of albums. Anyone know where I might be able to find decent jpegs of just the art (SymX logo is great, but some of the back cover art would be nice without the track listings, etc.) to use as screensavers?

Here you go:

Symphony_X_-_Paradise_Lost_-_Front.jpg

SymphonyX_Paradise_1600.jpg

wallpaper-226263.jpg

Paradise_Lost_Clean_by_emaydani.jpg

wallpaper-2510616.png

symphony_x_pl_full.jpg

iconoclast-4fefe2d25b383.jpg

Folder.jpg

Personally I find the cover of Paradise lost and the regular version of Iconoclast pretty terrible. The special edition is ok though.

Wow, it wasn't until I saw the PL artwork up close like this that I noticed the imprint of the SX masks in the mound of rock the angel is sitting on. Here I was thinking that was the only album of theirs without them. That's pretty neat.

Wow, it wasn't until I saw the PL artwork up close like this that I noticed the imprint of the SX masks in the mound of rock the angel is sitting on. Here I was thinking that was the only album of theirs without them. That's pretty neat.

I was thinking the same until not long ago. It's pretty obvious on the other albums, so when I didn't see them in the first place, I thought the masks were omitted for once.

Yep, masks. Why Symphony X got two masks on every single cover?

The masks have been kind of a symbol of the band right from the beginning. I think Romeo have said that the masks are a symbol of the different aspects of Symphony X, like one mask is representing the metal side, the other the more progressive side. A bit like the band name itself; "Symphony" is because of the symphonic and neo-classical elements, while "X" is about the metal side (or, the mystery side, "X" being something unknown, something dark maybe since they've always had this kind of "dark" sound to them).

Oh, and how do you quote more than one quote in a post? I've could have answered all those 3 questions in one post instead of 3, if I knew how. Think I've done it before,though....

I think Romeo have said that the masks are a symbol of the different aspects of Symphony X, like one mask is representing the metal side, the other the more progressive side.

Which is interesting because on the Paradise Lost album cover, the mouths are covered up, and it is their most progressively ambiguous album. The lines between heavy metal and prog are quite blurred. Whereas Iconoclast is virtually all metal, and both of the faces on the album cover have the same expression (seemingly representing two sides of the same musical theme).

Marwen,

Maybe its just me, but two of the images didn't open; the 3rd and 5th.

Also, I've seen a crappy image of the back of Iconoclast that looked interesting, with robots and stuff. I think it was the back of the deluxe edition. Do you by chance have a scan of that one as well?