playing motw songs

You're welcome!

I'll finish it if you give me a dollar. I made some dumb mistakes (I forgot to actually listen to the tab while I was writing it out) that I fixed. I'll upload a more complete/correct version if/when I have time to rework it a bit.

D F# D F# C# E

this tuning works on the following songs:

The Blue Ghost/Shedding Qliphoth
Interludes 1-4
Secret Song
Stones of October's Sobbing

yes this tuning seems to have been used for a number of maudlin of the Well songs
fantastic job with the tabbing, Chaosmongirl. i look forward to your next version. I would help but as i made obvious i cant tab at alll hahaha

i wish i knew how to actually tab, like full on out
i'd have tabbed what i know (see the list below) for you all,

Catharsis of Sea-Sleep and Dreaming Shines
The Blue Ghost/Shedding Qliphoth
Birth Pains of Astral Projection
(Interlude 2)
Geography
Gleam In Ranks
Sleep Is A Curse
(Interlude 4)
Secret Song
The Antique

also, here's a short video of me attempting to play the beginning of Gleam In Ranks...as well as a passage by Opeth (The Drapery Falls)

ps. 69 post =o

Last edited by a moderator:
first half of sleep is a curse (for two guitars) for gp5. the second half uses the same melodic content as the first, so the guitar parts i transcribed for the first half can still be used there. there's just added instrumentation and i was too lazy to bother with it since i'm not sure if anyone has a full-blown motW cover band that would use it all anyway. if i'm wrong, i'll finish up the rest though, just let me know :)

guitarpro5: http://www.mediafire.com/?y4k3yze1bnk
plain text: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtndmtehrxb

i'm fairly certain that this tab isn't 100% accurate, but it sounds alright to me. feel free to make corrections wherever necessary.

edit: i don't know what sites are good for hosting smaller non-graphical files. if anyone has a better suggestion than mediafire/rapidshare/megaupload/yousendit etc., let me know!

i uploaded a plain text version of the tab (added in an edit to my last post). it was completed a lonnnnng time ago, and i did some minor changes when transcribing the plain text version into guitar pro. but it should still definitely be useful for anyone who wants to learn the song!

metaghost: i tried to figure out a google-based uploading service, and the only thing i came across was googledocs, which only supports uploading of .txt, .pdf, .doc and etc. files, and thus not guitar pro files. also, for whatever reason it didn't work for me at all when i tried to upload the .txt version of the tab. was this the service you were talking about though?

tearstoshreds: you can download the new-fangled pirated version of guitar pro on bittorrent if you wish.

i might try tabbing out geography now if people continue to find this tab useful.

i uploaded a plain text version of the tab (added in an edit to my last post). it was completed a lonnnnng time ago, and i did some minor changes when transcribing the plain text version into guitar pro. but it should still definitely be useful for anyone who wants to learn the song!

metaghost: i tried to figure out a google-based uploading service, and the only thing i came across was googledocs, which only supports uploading of .txt, .pdf, .doc and etc. files, and thus not guitar pro files. also, for whatever reason it didn't work for me at all when i tried to upload the .txt version of the tab. was this the service you were talking about though?

tearstoshreds: you can download the new-fangled pirated version of guitar pro on bittorrent if you wish.

i might try tabbing out geography now if people continue to find this tab useful.

Please do. Geography is one of my favorite motw songs!

I'm with the guy above.

A re-up would be greatly appreciated.
I'd also love if any or all other songs that people have were upped as well.

My ear is garbage otherwise I'd try my hand at tabbing some of the songs.

motW is among one of my favorite bands.