Please answer my survey for a school assignment

Josh M.

Jul 11, 2009
Australia
Hey guys,

Well I have a business assignment for school which requires me to survey my target market and collect statistics for a business idea. I've decided to go with a music/film/game distribution service with customisable store front (I guess kind of like a iTunes/Steam mashed with BigCartel). I figure most of you would fall under the music category so that's the survey I've linked to.

So survey is here.

Would mean a lot if some of you could take the time to answer it quickly.

Cheers :D

Sorry for the :Spam:

EDIT: Just fixed up the survey. Thanks to anyone who filled it out :)

Best of luck with the service. I think you may be wanting to take too many points for a commission, with 10% as a floor. I would go small 2-5% and try to push volume until you get your traffic up then make ad revenue. Just my $0.02 though.

Sweet, thank you guys so much.

And I'll take that into consideration about the lower commission. Unfortunately I can't change the survey at the moment, but I'll definately consider that as part of the research.

Cheers guys.

I would do commission relative to volume, so the more you sell the lower the commission rate. This may discourage some low level users but it makes sense that they would need to cover their baseline costs and once they did that additional sales would be cheaper. So maybe 10% for the first $50 in sales each month and 5% after that.

I would do commission relative to volume, so the more you sell the lower the commission rate. This may discourage some low level users but it makes sense that they would need to cover their baseline costs and once they did that additional sales would be cheaper. So maybe 10% for the first $50 in sales each month and 5% after that.

That's actually a good idea, although I'd probably make it so that there were seller statuses (i.e. beginner, powerseller) where if they start getting a certain amount of sales their commission drops to a set rate for the whole month. I'll definitely think about that, thanks.

Thanks for all the responses guys, I've got a lot of musician surveys now. Just gotta get the others sorted. If any of you are into film (or even game dev - not that I'm betting on that) would be sweet if I could perhaps get some of these filled out:

Film

Game Dev