POD TONE

DIOBOLIC5150

I think I broke something
Jul 18, 2004
Hello all. I was trying to get a decent tone out of my POD XTL... I think this tone sits pretty nice in the mix. I ususally record my Randall setup, but this is just way easier! Can anyone throw some advice out there that might make it even better? Thanks in advance.

Go to the link below, first song on the list.

Wow, great work! Honestly that is some of the best POD tone I've heard. Maybe add a bit more treble or presence, but this really sounds excellent to me as-is!

What did you use for the drums?

Thanks, Shane...
The fact that it's 100X easier to turn on the POD and go, rather than setup mics and dial in my amp, really helps me love the POD. I used to hate the thing because it never really got the tone I was looking for. I'm getting closer though (I think).

The drums we done "cut and paste" style, by my drummer at his house. I think he used soft-triggers with custom samples. the sound good, but you can tell they're "cut and paste". If it was up to me entirely, there would be no triggers. I like an all natural sound. I don't understand why he does it that way, he has a killer sounding kit (Yamaha Stage Custom). Drummers.... ha!

thanks for the comments, I still think your tones are hard to beat though. Wanna swap some L6 files? :p

metalizer said:
It sounds fucking killer ! awsome tone for a pod have you used Andy c4 setting?

Haha, thanks! I used Andy's C4 setting as a template, and dialed it in accordingly. :loco:

Fucking great tone DIOBOLIC5150! I have to agree with Kazrog, one of the best I've heard with the Pod.

I have a question to all of you who uses Pod here: Anyone wants me to post their patches at my forum? I have a forum where I post my own .l6t-patches, and if you want to you could post yours there aswell, or you could e-mail them to me and I could post them and with all the info about the author etc.

:OMG:

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
Hello all. I was trying to get a decent tone out of my POD XTL... I think this tone sits pretty nice in the mix. I ususally record my Randall setup, but this is just way easier! Can anyone throw some advice out there that might make it even better? Thanks in advance.

You - Must - offer - this - patch - for - download - please.

commandante said:
I agree. Although the patch that Andy posted is taking most of my POD playtime.

I liked the patch too, just a little too bassy for me. o_O

I know that it goes against the -not too bass- theory in Andy's mixes but on my Les Paul w/EMG 85 I feel it a little bassy. Problem solved with rolling off the bass knob, but for the moment I will stick with the 'Insane' amp model.

DIOBOLIC5150 said:

Oh! By the way!!! Great riff!!! Niiice tone but what really make this stand out is that riff!!! Catchy, groovy!!!
And the Pod sound sound this good 'cause of this riff, I bet that the same tone won't do very good in a Swedish-popping note/pedal chug.

Yeah, it definitely has some good low-end. I didn't have too much problem with my neck-thru Ironbird with DiMarzio Super Distortion, although I did turn up the tone knob on my Maxon OD-808 a little bit(I turned the stomp sim off, used the real pedal. Awesome advice Shane!). But then I was complaining about the bright tone of that guitar anyways.

DIOBOLIC5150 said:

What guitar and pickups do you have? :)

Man this song is so good. I really just want to add my own vocals to it! :D

Nitronium Blood said:

I have an Agile AB3500BK Baritone guitar tuned in low A. It has the stock active pickups in it. It's the most killer guitar I've ever played for under $500 U.S dollars. Neckthrough, Grovers, T.O.M bridge ect... I have other "name brand" guitars and this one smokes them all.

As far as the POD tones goes, I"ll be glad to send it whoever wants it. In that mix it's actually 2 variations of that same tone. But, my experience with using other peoples tone files, they never sound the same because everyone is using different guitars, tunings, and like we've always been told, most of the tone comes from the player. The mix being "ok" helps a great deal too.
At any rate, if anyone wants it, email me or something.

Nitronium Blood said:

go ahead, add vocals! There was a dude who did that from this forum last winter. It was awesome!

Hmmn.... I run an XT live and have the metal shop upgrade. Might not be compatable.