POD TONE

I run Pod XT PRO and have all the model packs, the files in the .zip file works great for me. Hm, I'm using the latest Line6 Edit, version 2.1 I think it's called. I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but it's worth a try.

Here's a direct link to it. It's a beta version, but it works fine.

http://www.line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=604

wicked_s said:
I run Pod XT PRO and have all the model packs, the files in the .zip file works great for me. Hm, I'm using the latest Line6 Edit, version 2.1 I think it's called. I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but it's worth a try.

Here's a direct link to it. It's a beta version, but it works fine.

http://www.line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=604

Do the patches sound anything like the tones on my recordings when you use em? Curious about that.

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
Do the patches sound anything like the tones on my recordings when you use em? Curious about that.

I can record something later today and upload it? I don't think it sounds near as good as your stuff, but I have really crappy pickups on my Washburn RS-980.

wicked_s said:
I can record something later today and upload it? I don't think it sounds near as good as your stuff, but I have really crappy pickups on my Washburn RS-980.

You might be suprised what it sounds like in a mix. I think the tones aren't that great when you're just sitting around playing, but one you start layering them and panning, it creates a pretty wicked sounding stereo spread. Give it a shot and upload a sample!

I recorded the same thing trying out some patches from DIOBOLICAL5150, Kazrog and Andy. But like I pointed out earlier, my Washburn sounds like a bag of smashed shit. With each tone, I recorded the guitar 4 times, 100% left, 60% left, 60% right and 100% right. No processing, just the .l6t patch.

DIOBOLOCAL5150
Kazrog
Andy

definately suits the pickups, gtr and riff better, I'd say my patch sounded the worst, sounded a bit muffled, but we did dial that in with a Jackson with EMGs so...

wicked_s said:
I recorded the same thing trying out some patches from DIOBOLICAL5150, Kazrog and Andy. But like I pointed out earlier, my Washburn sounds like a bag of smashed shit. With each tone, I recorded the guitar 4 times, 100% left, 60% left, 60% right and 100% right. No processing, just the .l6t patch.

DIOBOLOCAL5150
Kazrog
Andy

The best is definitely the Kazrog one!!!

I can say that the Andy's one sound good anyway in the mix, despite its bassiness.

Did you play bass guitar in this clips? Maybe it's the lack of bass that give the Andy patch the right sound.

All three are good sounds, anyway!

Yeah, mine was also dialed in on a guitar with active pickups. I like all the tones there. The Kazrog tone sounds good. It was a little more buried in the mix than the other 2 though, so it's hard to tell which one I like best. I'd like to try Kaz's tone in one of my mixes. That's the other thing..I do a little here and there to doll up my guitar sound in the mix. I'm also tuned to A, which somehow requires lower gain to sound really heavy. At any rate, that's way cool to get tone like that out of a cheap piece of crap like the POD. Gotta love it.

Wow...

This thread is golden!

Some really good tones in here, i can't decide what i like best, they are all very, very good and brutal :kickass: ..

thanks guys! :kickass:

soulsoffire said:
@ Kazrog: I heard into your songs on your homepage. Great music! Exactly my taste! How did you recorded the guitars?

Thanks! I recorded the guitars with my ESP MH 400 NT into an Ibanez TS808 reissue and a POD XT Live. I'm about 80% happy with my tone, but I think to give it that extra edge I'd need to use a real tube amp and mic the cabinet. So I will have a brand new 6505+ (5150 II) soon and I will be entering the world of "real" sounds for my final mixes.

The POD XT Live is killer for demos and I wouldn't even hold back from using it on an album. But it's still not quite there for the high gain sounds IMO. Maybe they'll get their emulation even better next time around?

@ Kazrog: Thank you for the info. What tricks do you use for mixing (Plug-Ins, EQs, etc.)? Do you overdub your guitar tracks?
I think the 5150 is a great amp for this kind of music. I personaly like the Triple Rectifier with original Mesa Cab more, but here in Germany the Peavy is half the price.

soulsoffire said:
@ Kazrog: Thank you for the info. What tricks do you use for mixing (Plug-Ins, EQs, etc.)? Do you overdub your guitar tracks?
I think the 5150 is a great amp for this kind of music. I personaly like the Triple Rectifier with original Mesa Cab more, but here in Germany the Peavy is half the price.

If i can add a question to these...

The two tones you posted Kazrog.. did you use both of them in one song, one left one right? or did you use slightly different dialed in tones, but from the same patch?

Thanks, and you guys rock for posting these tones!