POD XT PRO input level with active pickups

Sep 15, 2008
hi,
now, i´ve a 'pod xt pro' in my hands and i´ve a epi LP custom with EMG 81.
when i connect my guitar to POD input i see NORMAL and PAD input level.
it´s normal input level is clipping in NORMAL mode?? i read something like that in manual.
with my EMG81 i must put input level switch in PAD?
I see that in PAD mode has very little input gain.:(

help,
joey too.;)

I own a Pod XT Pro and active pickupss guitars.
You must have the input as normal.
Turn down the CHANNEL VOL until the red light stop twinkling and you get the right level. Then you can adjuts the output volume by OUTPUT knob.
If I'm not mistaken that is what manual says.
Anyway i recommend you to take a look to the Manual Version 3 in lines 6 site.

I own a Pod XT Pro and active pickupss guitars.
You must have the input as normal.
Turn down the CHANNEL VOL until the red light stop twinkling and you get the right level. Then you can adjuts the output volume by OUTPUT knob.
If I'm not mistaken that is what manual says.
Anyway i recommend you to take a look to the Manual Version 3 in lines 6 site.

but...CHANNEL VOL is the amp volumen...:loco:
if you input is clipping, it will be clipping with less channel vol. too...do you understand?
i notify that in NORMAL mode it sounds good but, with PAD mode has little gain...
i´d like to record with NORMAL mode but, clipping...

some help?

and...i´m recording with spdif mode (not works OUTPUT volume)

I have the input clipping as well (using POD XT pro and EMG81). In the recordings I don't hear anything of the clipping, so I don't really care if the red light shows once in while...

I have the input clipping as well (using POD XT pro and EMG81). In the recordings I don't hear anything of the clipping, so I don't really care if the red light shows once in while...

yes, i´ve EMG81 and, in NORMAL mode is clipping the input but, i record and i don´t see clipping in the recording.

you mentioned using spdif. are you using -10 or +4 db. Also, while I'm not an expert, you might check your sample rate because a higher sample rate will allow you more headroom which SHOULD equal less clipping.

Originally Posted by lilhermiejobo
you mentioned using spdif. are you using -10 or +4 db. Also, while I'm not an expert, you might check your sample rate because a higher sample rate will allow you more headroom which SHOULD equal less clipping.

A higher samplerate doesn't give you more headroom, but a higher bit depth does.

I have no problem with emg pickups into my Pod X3, but as Jevil said, just turn down channel vol. until it stops clipping, end then turn up master vol