Podfarm workflow

AaronDylan

another diamond recording
Feb 18, 2011
munich germany
hey i just got podfarm 2.5 plantinum from a friend whos a working musician he said he had no use for it anymore and got it from a friend that´s an audio engineer. So know it´s mine:fu:

I just installed everything and need your help!

it´s allready working and everything! but i didn´t expect so many amps cabs fx ect...oh lord...

usally i use free ampsims from lepou and the le cab with the tse 808 with some nice impulses if i didn´t have the possibility to mic a amp. and i got usable tones!

I know that a lot of u guys know how to work with pod and get real nice tones!
But im overwhelmed with possibilities now.

Here a few questions:

1. can u tell me witch amps u think are the best or even a small selection

2. do u use the cabs in podfarm? or load an impulse extern

3. do u use the intern tubescreamer or any other distortion pedals infront of a podfam amp

4. does podfarm have any usable presets i could tweek to start? just heard weird crazy stuff...

I mix a lot of hardcore, progressive, metalcore chugga stuff

I would appreciate your help a lot!

1. Cali Diamond Plate (Distorted tones) - Blackface (Clean tones)

2. Sometimes pod farm cabs, sometimes impulses.

3.Pod farm Screamer.

4. dunno

I use dual amps when I use podfarm.
amp 1 is: noise gate, screamer, line 6 treadplate w/cab and 57 on axis.
amp 2 is: noise gate, screamer, jcm800 with 8x10 bass cab with condensor on axis.
then I blend the volumes till I get the right combination of high, mids and low.
line 6 stuff almost never sounds good with presets, so you need to tweak the hell out of th
em, but with some patience you can get some good tones.
that said, I didnt pay extra for the metal packs...

Hey dudes, I got my platinum license from the sister of the mother of my drummer's previous band's sound engineer ! But it's mine and I needed to tell you so that I look legit !

Hey dudes, I got my platinum license from the sister of the mother of my drummer's previous band's sound engineer ! But it's mine and I needed to tell you so that I look legit !

hahah I was going to type something similar :D

+1..
Yeah L6 first decided to screw us paying costumers w endless & retarded 'updates', that Monkey crap (and NO installation disk), and now, they just caved in to pir@cy...

LAME

/end rant

So true... really don't know why do they do that, is it a sign to tell us "go pirate the platinium version"?

To answer the guy before, Cali works great, everything is good if you know how to deal with it ,I do all my guitars with pod farm (fx junki, metal pack, classic pack :loco: but a friend of mind is maybe going to give me the platinium version but don't know if it will work on my line6 soundcard:tickled:)

Well thanks everyone for your tips!
I played around with it for hours yesterday tried different amps chains but i don´t get it.

I seem to get a better tone out of an free ampsim from lepou or TSE Nick crow whatever.
thats because i´ve been playing around with them real long and know what to cut boost and how they behave already.

Pod is probably modeled kind of different than free amp sims.

But do you think you´ll get a better tone out of pod working long enough with it because of better modelling rendering whatever specs?

Don´t know if it will be worth tweaking pod for hours don´t wanna waste my time if i can do the same with other sims im familiar with.
what do you think?

Hey dude I have nothing to say about your podfarm, however I am here to advise you to change that avatar pic of yours. I mean, at least use one that shows a 499 AMPEX tape. Ok, done trolling for tonight :).

Some random guy called joey sturgis uses to use the pod on so records he mixes, listen to some of them and you'll see what pod farm can do on heavy guitars.

i know all of joey productions and other ones that sound great! but just using pod or having pod will not make me achieve this kind of sound!
it sounds good when joey uses it because he knows how to and i don´t jet because i haven´t tried enough and it´s new for me
that´s why i´m asking for advice

i bought my pod from a shop. how boring :( i wish my uncles dog's best mates engineer on his hip hop greatest hits album's auntie who is married to a dude who cleans in a studio who got given it gave it to me:(

i like my pod, i use the metal shop and i think its pretty cool especially for the price :)

Quit lurking and start playing I say. There's no substitute for trial and error. Remember less is more when creating tones. Cut back the gain and just work on getting as close to a full sounding tone as you can, remembering you'll be layering more tracks later..hence filling it out. The magic comes in post processing and mastering, so at the end of the day, its going to sound like S%$T while you're tracking whatever the weather.

Guitar > Screamer > Cali Diamond Plate> Treadplate > Condenser. Set everything at 12oclock and experiment.