poland rock! help appreciated

siderea

soûl spy
Apr 13, 2002
bubbelgum
Visit site
hey there!
i'm a belgian girl writing an article (for school) about the polish 'rock scene'.
i'm gonna write about a couple of bands (kult/kazik, myslovitz, perfect, ich troje, wilki, robotobibok,...) and any information about them is very welcome... well, i do find my share on the web.

but i've questions:

1) not so long ago there was a polish hip hop/breakdance act dancing for the pope... anyone knows the name?
2) i'm interested in kazik ... i read that his lyrics are quite sharp about the polish state/church... could someone translate a bit of a song of his which shows his sharpness?

and are there any polish metalbands/rockbands i surely shouldn't forget to mention?
what is your favorite album of the groups i've mentioned here?

thanks if anyone reads this... & wants to help me... pm or emails are always welcome as well (aeredis@yahoo.co.uk)

if you're mentioning Polish metal then quite frankly if you don't mention Vader then you don't deserve to be breathing :worship:

i'm not too up on my Polish "rock" or hip-hop, as i tend to steer clear of all other indie-rock and hip-hop so...

I'd mention Decapitated, Yattering and Behemoth also.

And mention the Polish NSBM scene. You may not like the music, but Poland is also known for having a huge NSBM scene. Such music is very "controversial" since it's essentially played by Neo Nazis, often with NS lyrics, so it is definitely a well known and important part of Poland's music scene.