Pole dancing [for fitness!]

That's Felix. Miss Pole Dance Australia 2006, runner up for 2007 [I think] and Miss Pole Dance Australia 2008.
She's now in Las Vegas performing with Cirque de Soleil. She's absolutely amazing...

And the second song is "Iris [City of Angels]" by Goo Goo Dolls.
Was pretty popular a few years ago. ;)

haha fair enough, sounds very much like the Treasure Island soundtrack...

But yeah, next week's pole class we're dancing to disney sounds... it's a little bit wrong, but gonna be sooooooooooo much fun! we were dancing to Labyrinth soundtrack this week!

Haha, that would be interesting to watch...

This Friday is my second performance night but instead of doing the one beginners dance twice over, I'll be doing intermediate dances for JT's "Sexy Back" and PCD's "Buttons".

I. Am. So. Nervous.

Make sure pictures are taken! ;)

This is the outfit I'll probably be wearing for this Friday:

2nvc6s6.jpg

I had such a great lesson last night, did gemini no problem which I've been having serious trouble with it lately so that made me happy. Then I did side climb into the knee hold where you go out horizontally, no hands on the pole. First time I've ever done that after climbing. Then to top it all off, did a handstand against the pole, wrapped my legs around and pulled myself up through straight leg drop back position into sitting and peter pan. I couldn't stop grinning after that!
And now I'm in pain, but still happy :D

I had another good lesson last night, despite the fact it was freezing and we had no mighty grip!!! Started to learn how to do extended butterfly (it's scary) and learnt how to do reverse champagne lady (champagne lady is climb up, cross legs straight out in front of you, one hand on the pole about a foot above your hips, then lean back and bow your legs and head down so you're in an arc. reverse is the same body shape, but the arm is below you, so much more difficult! and I upset my teacher by doing it first time when it took her ages to learn it hehe)

Woo! learnt how to do the arched straight leg drop back:
archedstraightlegdropback.jpg

I love this move!!! Also learnt to do Van Gogh but didn't get a picture of it :(
Did Back from the Dead for the first time in ages too, and did the splitz up the pole, damn productive lesson!!!

Van Gogh is difficult to explain and i can't find any pictures, basically you do a straight leg drop back (see page 10 of post your hot body thread) then one hand grabs the pole behind your head, the other grabs the pole behind your hips, then drop your body so the whole of your weights on your arms, leave one leg behind the pole and bend the other straight out forwards...
it was rather scary when i first did it, but made me so happy :D