Pole dancing [for fitness!]

Sampy Arctica™

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 21, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
www.facebook.com
I can see the boys flocking to this thread now...but I'm talking about pole dancing for fitness, not to get raunchy in a dirty club. :lol:

I know there's a few girls on here that do it - Katie, Ingrid has done it I think, myself...any others? I'm only new to it all, but it's an absolutely amazing way to get fit and it's ridiculous amounts of fun! Absolutely love it.

So...chatter away. :)

Hahaha, last night it was me eying the street sign poles and my boyfriend muttering to me, "Don't even think about it." :lol:

Had another class last night, a bit sore today. So worth it though. So incredibly worth it. Makes you feel really good about yourself!
I'm thinking about getting a pole installed in my room - you can order the professional ones from the school I'm with. They're $325 for the static poles, or up to $600 for the spinning ones.

geez! sounds a bit expensive. x-poles are £160 for the ones that can either spin or be static

£160 is just under $300 AUD, then there'd be shipping and handling costs and all that jazz so it'd probably end up costing me about the same...

I just want a static one, I wouldn't know what to do with a spinning one.
Plus, it kind of seems like cheating. :lol:

- Edit -

Got these in the mail today!

kiss-209.jpg

:loco:

sometimes i really wish we could ban people from certain threads... namely men, from this thread! exercise people, exercise!!!

back on topic, had to miss last weeks lesson due to hurt wrist, had to miss this weeks due to being made redundant and having to save money :(
can't wait to get a job and get back to it! fingers crossed for interviews next week!

I've always vaguely fancied trying it, but I spend too much time around lecherous males for it to be practical :lol:

I think SpeedTheory would need a new lead singer if I started pole-dancing (even for fitness) and Wes found out... :p

Sampy Arctica™;7553186 said:
I can't freaking get my backward hook spins [or whatever you call them] right!
I know it's only been one class worth of trying, but it's so frustrating.

>_<

don't worry about it hun, this is one that most people find interesting. the best thing to do, is not to try and do the spin, but to get the footwork right. literally just practice walking around the pole and slowly getting into position, once you've got that, then try to spin

don't worry about it hun, this is one that most people find interesting. the best thing to do, is not to try and do the spin, but to get the footwork right. literally just practice walking around the pole and slowly getting into position, once you've got that, then try to spin

Thanks for the advice hun. :)
I had practice today for an hour and I worked on it. I'm slowly getting the hang of it! So sore though. After my hour of pole prac, had an hour of fitness. Urgh. Hot shower, here I come.

i went last night for the first time in three weeks, spent a while working on straight-leg drop backs, result: my legs are covered in bruises! then did some work on over the shoulder inverts,result: can barely move my shoulder today. but it'll be worth it when i manage to do them :D