The threadmill, aka fitness discussion

i always use olive oil to cook, exept when making bechamel sauce (not that often). But maybe we eat too much spaghetti (when konrad played soccer before dinner, we usually eat spaghetti, but with ready to use sauce, because he comes back a bit late for making some sauce myself)

@hyena Hey thanks alot, i actually think that i could do all those things. I have a little problem in the food department since i don't cook for myself but i will start to avoid the things you said are bad for loosing weight.

A question: Can i ride a bike instead of running, i'm talking about uphill biking which makes me unable to sing:) Sometimes i can't even talk:) Or maybe i can combine those two (running and biking).

Another question: Is anykind of booze off limits?

And another question: I have a really fucked up sleeping order, it means that i never go to bed before 3 or 4 am and since im working now i get up every day at 8 am. I sometimes sleep in the afternoon for a couple of hours but overall i have this constant feeling of being sleepy. Can this mess up my loosing weight plan?

@cuthalion: biking is perfectly fine and firms your buttocks and legs up so it's very good.

regular sleep is VERY important. you'll find that if you're tired from exercising you sleep better and longer. your goal should be going to bed around midnight or one depending on how much sleep you need.

booze: no beer, no spirits. wine is ok, small quantities.

@Cuthalion: Also drink plenty of water. And don't starve yourself out, when you feel hungry between meals eat a fruit or two.

Siren said:
@Cuthalion: Also drink plenty of water.
This applies to everyone! :)

I'm a long-distance runner.. water is waaaay too important. A few guys from my team and I recently got lost at a desert mountain park with no water, and [after six miles] I ended up dizzy, stumbling, and struggling to focus my vision. Water is life.

I'm lucky I don't have problems with my weight, but running six days a week helps keep that under control.

Hey thanks for all the good advice :) I already started doing the "programme", it is kind of hard since i'm pretty much hungry all the time but i think that i'm getting used to it. Yesterday i went biking again and i didn't eat anything that i wasn't supposed to. I took a bag full of fruit to work this morning and i'm planning to eat only apples, pears and plums till 4pm or something. Also i will drink alot of water:) I didn't even get drunk last night:D

well - don't skip lunch entirely, that will make you hungrier. have some (limited quantities) of starch along with your fruit, otherwise you'll be too tired to bike.

not only that, but if you're hungry all the time you're actually going against your effort. when you starve, your body goes into "omg, food shortage, we must store fat so we don't die" mode, and thus whatever you eat is stored as fat.

@siren: yes yes. thanks for the correction. :)

@the mad germans: it's not a PLOT. :lol: it's all about alcohol and glucose content. wine is kind of low in both. spirits (as a rule of thumb, anything that's over 20% alcoholic volume) are way more sugary, hence more fat-inducing. of course it depends on quantity, but 1 glass of wine is less fattening that 1 glass of whisky without any doubt. if i were on a loss-weight regime, which i should be since all the mad touring gave me a small belly, i'd limit myself to 1 glass of wine per day. german or otherwise. :p

@Siren and Hyena

You are right of course, i thought that if i go hungry i will learn to deal with it and that after a couple of days i won't register it as something not normal. I don't know, this is so confusing:) Today i ate 2 apples 5 plums 1 pear, 3 tomatoes with white cheese and palm oil, 2 slices of bread and some mashed potatoes. I couln't go biking since the weather was horrible but i did lots of abs. I guess i will see how it goes. :)

@Cuthalion: you will do fine. :) talking about plots, olive oil is considered the best oil, it has Vitamin E and better fat in it. also try to eat some protein, some friends of mine boil eggs and eat only the white part (the white of the egg is protein, while the yellow has quite a bit of cholesterol in it).

@Taliesin: a glass of wine (especially red) per day is said to be good for the heart. and of course there's the calory issue that hyena pointed out.

i have to lose about 2.5 kilos. i was about 60.9 tonight and this doesn't make any sense since i barely benchpress 30kg 3x8, ie i don't really have any bulky muscle to speak of. i could accept weighting nearly 61 if i could benchpress, say, 40 to 45. but not now.

i do hate that, since i was thinking of embarking straight back on strength training, and it's so easy to get hurt with that if you don't eat enough.

oh well. i will have to try. HATE HATE HATE.

You're crazy! All this fuzz over 2,5 kilos? How much is that? 2mm of fat around the waist? How could this possibly be visible?

Anyway, went running again last night after a longer pause.. I can say I definitely need running or some sort of endurance sport, footie alone isnt enough. Ive been playing regularly 2 times a week, but I guess I need the running for an added fat consumption. I'll just have to stick to my schedule..

On a rather unrelated note, there was this old guy in my thursday footie team, around 55 years old, pretty fit but terribly annoying, kept blaming his shortcomings on his teammates, always complained, never came back for defense, always started discussions.. one of the most annoying people I ever met. Then 3 weeks ago, he played with one team and to equal the teams at one point, he got complimented to the other.. so he basically pissed off everyone that day, not just one half so we told him what we thought about his behaviour.. and to my most profound amazement, he completely changed! He played for the team, came back for defense, encouraged his teammates.. in fact, I played with him and had one of the best footie games ever. Very surprising.. maybe there is hope for mankind after all ;)

@taliesin: i think you're playing football with my boss. :p he was in one of the bank's teams and some friends of mine gave me reports that correspond to your description exactly.

as for me being crazy, yeah, maybe.. but the thing is: if i don't get rid of the 2.5 kilos now they'll become 5 and then 7.5 and then i'll be a Rolling Ball of Doom...

I'm still more or less sticking to the eating/excercise plan Hyena proposed and after 10 days i can say that there are visible improvements. I don't know exactly how many kilos i've lost but my belly is visibly smaller. I no longer have the need to eat as much as i did and i don't feel hungry all the time anymore. Just to keep you updated on a topic that no one cares about. :)

@taliesin: i think you're playing football with my boss. :p he was in one of the bank's teams and some friends of mine gave me reports that correspond to your description exactly.

as for me being crazy, yeah, maybe.. but the thing is: if i don't get rid of the 2.5 kilos now they'll become 5 and then 7.5 and then i'll be a Rolling Ball of Doom...

Though I've never played the game, Katamari images started flashing through my mind, heh.

Hooray exercising again. Running for now. More to follow.

~kov.