The Fitness Thread

Tomorrow is lift day, my back is feeling pretty good. Looking forward to it, weight lifting is an addiction.

I want to get a squat rack soon and a couple of plates, it's all so expensive though.

How many grams of protein in one scoop of your whey protein? Mine is only 20, thinking about starting to double scoop it.

How many grams of protein in one scoop of your whey protein? Mine is only 20, thinking about starting to double scoop it.

23-24 grams is pretty standard for a number of brands if you think you need something just a tad more protein-dense. That's the amount in the Optimum Nutrition whey I've been using. But they're all pretty much the same when it comes down to it. Some just taste a whole lot better. Plenty of people way more into lifting than me like to double scoop their shakes. I personally don't unless it's impossible for me to access any kind of real food.

So what do you guys eat for extra protein? (food NOT whey powder).
This would also be a good place to post full meals that are high in protein.

I've been eating alot of tuna right out of the can(no mayo), yogurt, cottage cheese, almonds and salmon with brown rice.

For starters, Salmon with brown rice is a perfect post-workout meal but it's not the easiest to prepare.

Here's a quick and easy one,
Pan fry a few boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or tenderloins)
side of cottage cheese
vegetable of your choice (canned is fine)
glass of milk (GREAT source of protein that people often skip)

can't get much healthier than that and it's protein packed

Well I'd prefer not to cook anything, but I'll keep that in mind. Have anything that I don't have to do much preparation for?

Off the top of my head...no.
You could substitute and buy the canned chicken that is boneless/skinless and relatively healthy.
If you want to hit me up on AIM later i might have a few.

Might want to try the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Chicken Strips, make a sandwich out of em. Like 44 grams of protein per package and they taste pretty good. No real preparation needed unless you want to toast it or something.

Couldn't he just take a nice serving of 3-4 raw eggs? Of course, there is the salmonella risk, but don't alot of body builders drink raw eggs?