The Fitness Thread

Which do you all find more effective:

Lifting weights for a while and increasing the weight gradually

or

Lifting weights and increasing the repetitions using the same weight until you get up to a certain number of reps and then increasing the weight and starting over on reps?

With the second I mean this:

You start at 50 pounds and go to 55 after a few weeks or whatever or do you start at 50 with 10 reps, then go to 15, then 20, etc until you get to a certain amount of reps, then go 55 at 10, 55 at 15 etc

More reps if you want to get toned, if you wanna bulk up it won't help you at all to do 50 reps.

i mean, if you don't want to bulk up than keep up the endurance stuff. Just keep increasing the reps.

Steal some cinder blocks or nice sized logs and use those for all your lifting exercises. :lol: Cheap and efficient, worthy of a jew!

Steal some cinder blocks or nice sized logs and use those for all your lifting exercises. :lol: Cheap and efficient, worthy of a jew!

rip a signpost out of the ground and knock the sign off, fill two paint buckets with cement and stick 'em on the ends.

voila! Jew-press.

So what time of day does everyone here usually work out?
My lifting schedule is all over the place with this new job, sometimes i'll lift at 10:00 at night but on my days off i lift around 11:00 AM.
A friend of mine has been telling me to go early in the morning before work and it'll make my work day better etc., I can barely wake my ass up in the morning to begin with let alone hit the gym.

Either 11am or 1pm we start, depends which day of the week. Me and the lifting partner have same class on mon-wed-fri so we lift at 1pm on those days, every other day is 11am.

Haven't exercised or lifted since friday, pulled a muscle in my back. Almost better and i'm eager to hit the weights and start jogging again.

Probably a good thing you waited it out, it's best to not push even the slightest injury. A few years ago i pulled my rotator going heavy on overheads and it hasn't been the same since.

Yeah dude, i figured it'll be good Wed. then i'm going to hit the iron hard and heavy and jog for a couple of miles. If not, i'll have to wait til friday. This shit happens to me once a year or every other year, lower back. I got leveled playing back yard foot ball a decade ago or so and ever since my back gets destroyed every now and then from just the simplest thing.

I usually work out around 6 o'clock, 'cause I usually eat around 8 or 9. Eating and later going to sleep after a good workout it's a good strategy for muscle recovery.

Probably a good thing you waited it out, it's best to not push even the slightest injury. A few years ago i pulled my rotator going heavy on overheads and it hasn't been the same since.

Cuff injuries are nasty. They take a long damn time to heal