Personal Fitness

Ive been out of the gym for close to 3 months due to a torn pec muscle but i just got back in yesterday...The strength is still pretty close to where i left off, but my stamina. Holy shit do i fatigue a lot quicker than before. Im sure in a few weeks ill get everything back though.

As someone who formerly suffered from major anxiety issues, I've gotta say 50 per cent of my improvement came from just exercising and eating right (the other half was getting counselling).
I fucking love working out. I just start body building this year (probably about 1 and a half months ago) and I've put on about 5 kilograms of muscle mass.
I'm still fairly skinny, but my friends have noticed I'm definitely not as skinny as I was at the start of the year.
Being able to lift heavy stuff more easily is a big plus too.
I've also got a stronger lower back now from doing squats and deadlifts, so that annoying back pain I used to get earlier this year is totally gone.

It's hard actually breaking into the habit of eating right but once you get there, it's so easy and a lot of processed, junk food shit you used to eat starts to actually taste really repulsive, which just makes it easier to eat right

I'm sure Harry will back me up here, but get a bike and ride around on it! Once you get fit enough to go fast everywhere then you'll love it. Enjoy the scenery and get some serious stamina as well as a cheap mode of transport. I promise I don't wear socks and sandals :lol:

Bikes are cool, but I`m a foot guy, I like to walk everywhere, I can take a 30 minute walk to get somewhere, do whatever I was gonna do and go 30 minutes back home, I walk 20 mins to my parent`s place everyday back and forth, and before I lost my job I also took 20 minutes back and forth there daily.

I´ve been back in the gym for a month, and getting back on the low carb diet so I can be super hot and chicks will drool over me at shows

I'm sure Harry will back me up here, but get a bike and ride around on it! Once you get fit enough to go fast everywhere then you'll love it. Enjoy the scenery and get some serious stamina as well as a cheap mode of transport. I promise I don't wear socks and sandals :lol:

Yeah, biking is ace.
You get to see so much more scenery than walking :headbang:

Joined a gym almost 6 months ago now, do mostly weights but I do some cardio as well.. its quite incredible how much I've improved. I used to give up halfway thru a crosstraining (weights + cardio) class, now I find the cardio bit quite easy.. weights never get easy as you just make them heavier >< Lifts that I couldn't even do 1 I can now do 20+ of.

About low-carb diets..
A lot of people seem to go on these, I'm not sure that they really do a lot. Lots of stuff on 'ketosis' where your body burns fat instead of carbs, but a lot of studies haven't really found a big difference. A keto diet can keep you fuller on less calories though, fat (the good kinds) is very filling.

I once did a diet with a nutritionist where I had absolutely 0 sugar and 0 carbs, pretty much meat and vegetables for a month, lost 10 kilos, went as far as 20 kilos in two months. I was overweight.

Calories in vs. Calories out. You ate less calories on the keto diet. The fat is filling, the veges are low GI, and you're not eating high GI carbs. If you'd eaten the same amount of calories on the keto (you would've struggled to eat the same, however), you wouldn't have lost weight. But arguably you could have gotten a similar weight loss on a normal, healthy diet plan, with some wholemeal/grain carbs.

"I want to lose weight"

Get off your fat fucking ass and do some fucking exercise!

And that's basically it! :lol:

I pretty much eat shit and have been stuck on 74-78kg for about 5 years. :lol:

I've started a "light" wieght program at home the last few weeks now. I did iut more for my back as I sit alot at work and was getting lower back pain.

I like getting back into it. My shoulders haven't looked as good ....ever I think lol.

Anyone have good tips for slowly/ lightly working the lower back muscles? I've been doing upper, lower and core exercises but the only one that is really supose to target the lower back is "the bridge" - hold yourself up on your forearms/ elbow as if in a pushup position and hold.

Anyone have good tips for slowly/ lightly working the lower back muscles? I've been doing upper, lower and core exercises but the only one that is really supose to target the lower back is "the bridge" - hold yourself up on your forearms/ elbow as if in a pushup position and hold.

Sore lower back here too, altho almost non-existant since I started working out. Still get upper back pain tho -_-

Hyperextensions are purely lower back, deadlifts target your whole back, amongst a bunch of other things. Neither are ones you can really do at home though (the former you might be able to do awkwardly over a couch or something if you're desperate).

finally a fitness thread... cuase my life pretty much revolves around music and keeping fit ..to the OP - yeah kettle bells are fucking awesome, they are great for everything.
i have from 20 to the 75 pound kettle bells. they are great for full body and endurance work outs.

Chryst Krispies is on Roids!!!!

haha just kiddin man .. but wow ..

giving up and jerking off to the sound of my tears dripping onto the carpet

I love p90x I say it all the time , but its what has worked best for me. I've done Navy Seals workouts , weights , plyo everything but p90x puts it all together in a great program that never gets boring and always kicks your ass. Muscle confusion is where it's at

Squats/Deads are the best exercises for your lower back as far as I'm concerned. Planks/hypers would come in third place after those two.

Word.
Ever since I started doing deadlifts and squats, my lower back pain has pretty much been totally gone