Political Compass

unfortunately it has some pretty problematic questions, like, you really have to infer how you're "supposed" to answer, or else you can interpret them the opposite of how they're scored...my friends and i actually made up a graph-chart showing our positions on it, which was fun.

here's my results:

Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

yeah, well that's the case for most of these tests I think. It says I'm a bit more of a hippy than I think I am:

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90

like:

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

what kind of idiot would choose NO WAY SERVE THE CORPORATIONS? i think even corporation-loving republicans generally think that the pandering they do to corporations "fosters business and research and employment" and shit and therefore DOES primarily serve humanity.

"Military action that defies international law is sometimes justified."

another one where i'm like "well, DUH. if international law is set up by a council of Man-In-High-Castle victorious Nazis, then of course defying it is justified".

you really have to come at it from a sort of conventional leftish English/European perspective to not answer those questions completely wrong (meaning wrong for your actual views)

i think i would probably place leftier than i did if i didnt purposely answer the "conservative" answer to a couple of questions because i think it is genuinely more leftish if you actually answer what they're asking.

you're super-leftist and you're super-against lots of laws/authority and regulation.

wesley clark is, i think, pretty centrist (like Clinton), certainly not an out-and-out liberal like Dean or Kerry or Kucinich...and he supports GOP laws like CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS AGAINST FLAG BURNING, so he's pretty authoritarian.