Political Heavy Metal

Modern western politics are so not interesting to me... I fucking hate most music about this shit. Even the new Hammers of Misfortune is less interesting to me than the last 2 because of the lyrics

Wow Propaghandi now that's a definition although punk of a uber political band. Kind of metal and really political were Earth Crisis. Napalm Death is
hardcore political as well esp. their older material.

if we're listing punk bands now (a number of whom have considerable crossover with or have become metal anyway)

crass
conflict
the exploited
discharge

i prefer us hardcore but the british stuff had a more consciously political bent to it usually

Metal is about killing old people making them eat their own dump!

Metal is about having a good time if you can bang your head to something political thats having a good time, or Viking or Nu or hairspray metal or whatever.... we are lucky in our Metal world because theres much variation in sound and dress, but the attitude is always the same. We turn the music up loud and we fuck the crowd... I dont mind political metal as long as it annoys the neighbours then thats fine by me. :headbang:

www.Agankast.com

Ministry is cool. Al Jourgenson's tendency to write lame George W. Bush rants is not. How can you possibly consider those 'good' political songs? All he does is paste samples of Bush speeches together in a childish way.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but his political ranting is so annoying. He should go back to writing songs about heroin and Jesus.

Metal is up shoving stakes up the ass of the mainsream media until they shit their intestines into the toilet!

The Greys said:
Metal is up shoving stakes up the ass of the mainsream media until they shit their intestines into the toilet!

Metal is about shitting through a straw, eating your own intestines and sniffing the stakes that were up the mainsteams ass. :kickass:

www.Agankast.com

EGOR said:
Metal is about having a good time if you can bang your head to something political thats having a good time, or Viking or Nu or hairspray metal or whatever.... we are lucky in our Metal world because theres much variation in sound and dress, but the attitude is always the same. We turn the music up loud and we fuck the crowd... I dont mind political metal as long as it annoys the neighbours then thats fine by me. :headbang:

www.Agankast.com
Egor's back! :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass: