Political Heavy Metal

Many grindcore bands have political lyrics/themes in their music

I find political music boring and wrong for the most part. Socially based lyrics are better anyways

ender7227 said:
Are you insane? Ashes of the Wake is extremely political.
I have the album in my hand (Dualdisc) and all I am saying is that this band is possibly the worst example of a political band, and besides having some anti-bush lyrics and some anti-war sound clips on the instrumental, they are a poor excuse for a band dealing with political matters. They are more of an apocalyptic themed band. I would probably rather go with Unearth anyway.

Hanger 18 said:
Metallica sing about Wars, i love it. One, Disposible heroes, For whom the bell tolls for example

for whom the bell tolls is about at scene from the hemmingway book

Other than those already mentioned (especially Napalm Death, Metallica and Lamb Of God)-
Brujeria- Other than the devil worship and drug taking/selling themes, there are some interesting ideas in there
God Forbid- They called an album Consitution Of Treason, I think they were trying to make a point there...
Gojira- Did an entire album about the saving the whales. Good as it might be, that still therefore makes them hippies
One Minute Silence- Are they metal, are they not? Before you post a reply, remeber I don't give a shit either way.
Pitchshifter
Sepultura
S.O.D- Fuck The Middle East, amongst other clasics

And I can't believe that Slayer haven't got a mention yet

But of course, real metal is all about well buff, half naked, half leather clad men covered in baby oil. Obviously.