your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
LADY LIBERTY ROTS AWAY

INCOMPETENCE AND SICKENING GREED

post more like this

Last edited by a moderator:
chaosad_500x500.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I give a hearty FUCK YEAH to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in search of the next big thrash band ... sadly Power Trip is probably never going to be the same since Riley's passing ... glad to have seen them live with him. You could see the greatness coming there ... I had chills when I saw them like when I first saw Sepultura on BtR tour and Gojira first time in US. They sounded like a machine live.

Any good recommendations?

One aside note to Erik's original post I was at this Sacred Reich record release pre-party preview show a few years ago ... 50 people ... that was slamming! You might see me in the video holding up the wall somewhere.

kerrang! magazine is having a release party for the new sacred reich album

what fuckin year is this again

Reactions: Doom and NAD
I am in search of the next big thrash band ... sadly Power Trip is probably never going to be the same since Riley's passing ... glad to have seen them live with him. You could see the greatness coming there ... I had chills when I saw them like when I first saw Sepultura on BtR tour and Gojira first time in US. They sounded like a machine live.

Any good recommendations?

One aside note to Erik's original post I was at this Sacred Reich record release pre-party preview show a few years ago ... 50 people ... that was slamming! You might see me in the video holding up the wall somewhere.

I don't think there's been any cleaned vocal thrash worth a damn in 20 something years, but I do think Hellish Crossfire is probably the best of the 2000s

Shit makes it sound like your speakers are broken with all the clipping/distortion.

it’s a complete joke.

Really? ... what are you using as a source? Vinyl? CD? 8bit mp3? ...
First time I hear about this issue.
I have their last 2 releases on vinyl and have listened to their stuff countless times on Spotify with no issues.
I have a pretty decent home audio rig that is pretty merciless on bad recordings, but no issues.

Do you hear it as Death Magnetic bad?

Really? ... what are you using as a source? Vinyl? CD? 8bit mp3? ...
First time I hear about this issue.
I have their last 2 releases on vinyl and have listened to their stuff countless times on Spotify with no issues.
I have a pretty decent home audio rig that is pretty merciless on bad recordings, but no issues.

Do you hear it as Death Magnetic bad?

FLAC.

I've never listened to Death Magnetic. lol

I've never listened to Death Magnetic. lol
If you ever want to, listen to the Guitar Hero versions of the songs because those aren't brickwalled to shit. It has become a whole Thing on YooToob if you wanna fall down that rabbit hole.

I think that The End of the Line is a pretty great song on a relatively solid, albeit shitty sounding, album. I just listen to the CD because I don't give a frak about production. :loco:

EDIT: To clarify, from days of yore:
Anyhow I bought that there Death Magnetic last week, and again, I don't know why. But I found a really good use for it: when you are driving a ragtop Jeep with howling mud tires, that shitty brickwalled mix really cuts through and makes for an enjoyable drivin' / rockin' experience. This is the first and last time I will ever say something positive about Volume Wars.
I don't listen to Death Magenta at home whilst sipping single malt, but it works fantastic for flying down the freeway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa