Politics and metal!

Where do you think metal learns more to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do see more Liberal in metal than Conservative. Lot of metal goes against Conservative things like religon and greed. I think most small bands would be Liberal, where the bigger bands being more Conserative.

abbath.jpg

Back to the primitive
Fuck all your politics
We got our life to live
The way we want to be

- Max Cavalera

Well I would say Mustaine lyrics would be between Liberal and Conserative now to come of think of it. There is some Conserative in black metal music. It depends on where you live and how the system goes. What Liberal in England might be consider more right-wing than left-wng here.

Metal in general tend to be apolitical. And if it is political it seems to be reactive in many ways. Not necessarilly siding with the left or the right but critiquing a certain policy or even dismissing all politics.

I'd say that as a form of music it's pretty liberal, but the topics covered can run the gamut from very liberal to very conservative.

As for black metal, I'd say it's more libertarian than anything, which in the truest sense of the word, is conservative, but not in the sense of modern American conservatism at least...

Definitely left-wing overall, although a lot of it depends on the issue. Socially the only only conservative bands I know of are Christian ones, while economically metal is probably more neutral, or just uncaring.

And I laugh at those that consider racism to be somehow inherently right-wing.

If read/blue means Republican/Democrat than this poll really doesn't apply. But I will vote red, assuming you mean right-wing. I'd say the majority of metal that IS political (and much of it isn't) seems to embrace various forms of rightist ideology (fascism, Objectivism, libertarianism, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.